Range Report Big Bark No Bite

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by boatnsc, Jan 29, 2008.

1. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Took my new P3at JKE51 ser. purchased at LGS for $239 plus tax to the range today..l wish l had something real
    exciting to talk about....l did a F&B b4 and went through 100 rounds WWB with no burps,belchs, or hiccups...l had a
    55%on the paper at 7 yds for the first 50 rds and 75% on the second 50rds maybe l will learn to shoot it one day.
    Very pleased with the recoil it barked but no bite, must be the new AGlazer pads l put on ..l did have about 4 FTF
    but that was mea culpa for failing to rack slide properly.l have to find the BEST way to rack the bug to let me check
    for a rd. in the chamber with these old eyes....l suffer from head tremor but my hands are steady, its heriditary...
    It makes the rangemasters  move over though..

P.S.Adding a little dab of silicon to the ejector as suggested by a KTOGGER helps track the little bugger when cleaning
    P.S.S. This was a blue p3at which will go to Jack for plating after another 100 rds..looks like a keeper the button screw
    never loosened .

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Is that sometype of poetic structure I should rememeber?

3. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    What "aftermarket" finishes are available that you guys are getting ?? I'm not overly concerned with the bluing finish, but I would like to get something that would last even longer and look better at the same time.

4. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I posted about finish types that has the hardness for durability information:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200370148

5. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Great, thanks for the link. That slide looks really good too. I'll keep that in mind.

6. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    l apologize for taking up so much space on my post it did not look like that on the preview.
    my finger was still hurting from shooting with a trigger filed down too far during F&B

7. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Your shoot'n is as good as mine when trying to use those little sites. Adding paint dots helps, but a laser made a world of difference to my aim. Here's what paint dots look like (liquid bandage over the paint to reduce wear and tear)....
    [​IMG]

8. Here is my 3AT with a CCR "Stainless Steel" look Cera-Hide.

[​IMG]

It was very inexpensive.  Less than $40 for the slide and two mags if I remember right.  Tell them you are a ktoger to get the discount.

Here is their link on KTOG:  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1094751001

For old eyes (like mine) that need help....Here is my Blue 3AT with a CTC and painted sights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Good range report. As for checking the chamber, you can see the base of the cartridge from the right side of the weapon looking at the ejection port. OR you can look at the rear of the slide. If you can see daylite around the hammer it's empty. No daylite...it's loaded.

Now clean, lube, shoot, repeat.

BTW, a good range report is NEVER too long. ;)