Range Report and Trigger Shoe Fell Off

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by boatnsc, Feb 14, 2008.

1. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Went to Kel-Tec last week and traded myblue slide and barrel for HC an upgrade of $75, they fixed me up with
    new trigger,axis,hammer block ,pins etc.Kept the same hammer,grip and frame.Today after liberal lube with Miltec
    and 30 slide racks and some snap cap practice l headed forthe range.(l did install a trigger shoe last nite after filing
    it down to fit inside the trigger guard ) l shoot my P3AT only at the 7yd targets

1.The trigger shoe fell off first two mags.l had great difficulty trying to
      find enough trigger to tighten the setscrews against ,let alone drill any insets.

2.After50 flawless rounds of WWB. l field stripped ,quick cleaned and relubed with Miltec.

3.l showed my target to the range guy and with few exceptions most of my rds. were in a line up and down the
      left side of the paper he said too much finger .

4. 40 more rds. totally flawless and much more accurate.

Conclusion:Very smooth trigger pull due to the lube or the HC. 74 rds on paper out of 90 with
    41 in the 5in. center...most on the last target..no loosning of the button screw which l checked
    periodically..l really feel l could have fired another 100rds my Aglazer grip material eliminating all bite
    That WWB is some filthy ammo ,unless it was because of too much lube...Any help on that dang trigger shoe
    actually wondering whether l even needed it .

Wonder what l would shoot if l could swing a Armalazer....

2. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    why do you need a trigger shoe with this gun? this has an OK trigger not like the p-11

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I don't like them - but then again I don't like finger extensions either so what do I know? It is a fairly common problem unless you drill a small hole into the trigger for the screw to go into and THEN use HD locktite.

-Scott

4. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Just so nobody who's not familiar with the procedure gets the wrong idea, don't actually drill the holes with a drill/dremel, etc. Hand turn a drill bit to make the holes. Using a drill or dremel would likely be disasterous.

5. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    JMO & FWIW, pitch the trigger shoe in the spare parts bin. A relatively quick (not a jerk) smooth pull thru works better for me than squeeeeeeeezing the trigger, with this gun and my P40. If I line up the sights & try and squeeze the trigger I'm all over the place. Point & pull thru & its on the money. YMMV

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Just so nobody who's not familiar with the procedure gets the wrong idea,  don't actually drill the holes with a drill/dremel, etc.   Hand turn a drill bit to make the holes.  Using a drill or dremel would likely be disasterous.[/quote]

Amen! I don't remember the exact quote I saw here recently - it was better than my paraphrase: Dremel is Latin for really screw it up good/fast.

-Scott