Range Report - 150 Rounds, Perfect

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Bilbo, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Just got back from the firing range with my new HC P3AT.  I performed a clean and lube with a slight F&B per my reading here on KTOG.  Used Remington Yellow Box UMC (ball) ammo.  Not a single FTF, FTE or any other issue.  I actually thought I would bring my cleaning kit for every 50 rounds, but just decided to push through the 150 with no cleaning.

My hat is off to Kel-Tec.  This is my daily carry from here on out. I do need more practice out to 30 feet, but to 20 feet the pattern was acceptable.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    That's great! It really is refreshing and encouraging to read posts like yours.

Bill K.

3. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Thanks for your report, Bilbo.
    My experience was similar. I took my new blued slide P3AT shooting yesterday, with no issues.
    Accuracy is just fine. Here's my target at 4 yards.

[​IMG]

4. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Similar experience with two of these little P3AT pistols. I did nothing except clean them very carefully every 50-100 rounds and lube all friction points with Lubriplate, which makes them very slick. I am sure that other light greases out there may produce similar results. In spite of the lower price, I am thinking the Kel Tec 380 may be the best micro on the market.