Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, We took Wifey's new .380 (J9J**) to the range this morning to run 100 rds thru it to see if it is reliable. She shot 1 mag (6) and said she was done. It hurts her arthritis in her wrist. I asked her if she would rather have a .32 or a little .22 Beretta and she said "No way, I don't have to like shooting it to be able to use it if I have to. If I have to use it I won't be thinking about a little sore wrist afterwards". Soo the test continued. I shot 100 rds of WWB and 6 rds of Corbon 90 jhp and all worked like **** through a goose. No FTE or FTF at all. The mag that came with it wouldn't stay in the gun. It worked fine with both of my old mags and the new mag wouldn't stay in my old .380 either so it's a bad mag. I called Kel Tec and they said they would send me a new one today with a post paid envelope to return the old one for testing. This is a great little gun and they are great to deal with. We need these to be sort of accurate at 10 feet. I was holding nearly all shots inside of a paper plate at 25 yds.
Some guy there with a SW 686 (.357) and some home hot stuff (160gr FMJ) gave me 6 to try in my Ruger Service Six. Wifey watched from the side and said the flames shot out 12" and were totally visible even in the bright sunlight. A fun day at the range.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Good report and sounds like KT is taken care of the problem mag.
If you can get a P32 for the wife to try. There is a differance in recoil. I bought one as a BUG but after the wife shot it , it became hers. ;) That's OK as now I have a P3AT as a BUG. ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
A (and wife), welcome to the group/club/cult...

Glad to see KT is up to what we would expect with your magazine. More likely than not the old mag just had some flashing/roughness around the floor plate. Don't be too surprised if the new magazine you get back is the same way and the floor plate needs some sanding to get a good solid lock every time. And in case you don't know, the mag catch on these is plastic and the magazine metal (obviously...), do not just slam them in like you might do other pistols or you will wear out the mag catch in a handful of mags. Make sure you push the mag release button in when loading and unloading mags.

Again,

-Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been a member here for 2 yrs but moved and got a new email and forgot how to sign in so I just re-registered and started over. New KT mag arrived today and fits fine in both guns. They included a postage paid pre addressed envelope too. Exellent service as usual. You just can't go wrong with these little beauties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.