Range days. Who actually shoots their KSG?

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by GearBolt, Jan 7, 2018.

1. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    I'am sitting here in the members only bar of the range i have been shooting at a for quite some time. (88tactical)

Today i shot another 60 some rounds thru my 9 pound baby of hate and you picked the wrong house.... defensive/combat shotgun

But seriously. I cant be among a few who actually shoot the KSG regularly....?

I have fired possibly. 8-900 slugs thru my KSG in the last several years. At least once a month or so i take my baby out somewhere nice and feed her some lead or steel slugs to eat. And have the holy paper and boxes to back my claim.

But. I often read these post on here and their phrase they seem to say is "get out to the range someday..." which i guess i dont quite understand.

If general MAD DOG Mattis out of the last ditch of all hell braking loose called me and said get your gear and be out front in 15. I would grab my KSG because i trust my life to it because i have fired enough thru it. I havent had to fix a got damned thing about it thus far. And played with attachments and accessories and used and abused it. And if i ever stacked up in a squad to kick doors or storm the bunkers of Korea or the battles of ww2 like my grand father did. It would be at hand the whole time loaded with steel slugs ready to fight.

But a lot of times i shoot. There is always one or more people whom have never shoot or let alone seen the KSG. And far too often. I wonder if that is because no one ever takes their KSG to the party?

I see pictures on here of KSG's loaded Balls deep with (my opinion) junk accessories and no signs of wear or use.

On youtube i see no or very few videos of anyone shooting them other then the first times or a bunch of whiny men ragging on it because it didnt fire because they short stroked it. But. I would assume there should be more. If they are selling millions of them. Unless no one fires them?

I look all the time and i dont see hardly any new pictures or videos.

If you shoot the KSG regularly. Call out your shots so far. And post your videos.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    K-9 and koolaid like this.
  2. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    All at 25 yards .

IMG_5868.JPG

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

3. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Utah
    I shoot mine quite often. I use it when I take people who don’t have guns shooting. They can hit things easier than with a pistol or rifle. I think they enjoy it more.

4. CharlieB

CharlieB Well-Known Member

May 25, 2014
    Florida
    I don't get to the range that often. They do let me shoot small shot sizes on the pistol range, and slugs on the rifle range. Maybe... I dunno, 200ish-250ish shots thru mine. Mostly to satisfy my desire to know its reliable, which it is. Was able to find and fix a few very minor issues like pins walking and selector getting loose.

In other thread, I said the Serbu Super Short was my fun gun to shoot (for a 12g that is), and for my dollars into ammo, I'd rather have the most fun I can!

We used to be able to shoot out in the backyard here, but state pre-emption has killed that. So now its range time or no shootin'.

5. TheBull

TheBull Member

Jan 2, 2018
    First off Gear Bolt, what is that little picatinny set up near the muzzle?

I actually love shooting my KSG, I shoot it more than any other gun. In my desire to be familiar with my bedside gun I shoot clays with it! 17/25 is my highest score on 5 stand with iron sites. I look forward to trying with my new red dot HS510C. I have also shot trap and skeet with it. I do have FTE issues 1-2% of the time, but this seems to be more common with low brass. I brought it back to kel-tec and they polished the chamber, but still getting FTE issues.

6. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Believe me. I get people have priorities and bills to pay. But i think (my opinion) you have to get out often and practice. Its like staying healthy. It should be on your calender 4-6 times a year at minimum. And if you're more active the better. And i am truly believing that its paramonut to get out and train with it. Thats where you will find those pins that fall out. Those spikes are pointless when they stab you in the gut or leg when you're running for cover. And that a 25$ optic that works is better then a 500$ optic that fails.

For most citizens Using your firearms doesnt mean robbing a liquor store. It means protecting your home. And if you are going to claim these for home defense. But have never fired it. You might as well have an air soft gun. "I truly hope it works" doesn't ever trump "I know it works" when someone kicks on your door at 3am trying to take your money or life. Thugs come in all shapes... and even hide in the costumes of the "state". So. You need to be ready and prepared. Cause with communist in the streets. Riots over tennis shoes and speakers, to elections they disagree with. Mob rule isnt that far behind.

The rule of law is fine when there is order. But in an instant that could change and its worth having a plan and tools to defend your life and property. And to me. The range is one of the places where you can test it.

7. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    You'll have to cleify what it you're asking.

The hs510c is a good optic. I have the hs503g on mine. And had a 510 but broke it.

FTE. What i have found is.... (my opinion) its the thermo plastics used in the hulls. Especially if i have been shooting a lot and the breech is hot.

850sub likes this.
  8. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Utah
    Do you have a picture of the gun with it on?

850sub likes this.
  9. TheBull

TheBull Member

Jan 2, 2018
    You posted a picture on top of targets you were shooting at 25 yards. Near the muzzle there is some kind of clip with a small picatinny.

On the FTE issue, It does seem to only happen when the gun is hot. Maybe it is in the plastic. Any recomendations?

How did you break your 510? Did Halosun replace it for you? It claims lifetime warentey.

850sub likes this.
  10. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Yeah. Its called the picture with this thread. At the top of the page.

11. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    IMG_5868.JPG

I have a beast muzzle cover w/ a rifled choke. On the bottom of that i have a pic for my light at the 6 oclock or i can mount it on the slide infront of the grip.

I have a seeall open site for a back up. And there is the hs503g acss on a riser to eye level. The riser i chose to use is skeletonized and you can see thru to the seeall.

If that is your question...?

IMG_5868.JPG

12. CharlieB

May 25, 2014
    Florida
    And the state of Florida for a forward grip...!

MedicineRattle likes this.
  13. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
  14. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    I dont understand?

15. circlehawk

circlehawk Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Illinois
    He's saying that your forward grip looks like the state of Florida. :)

16. VegasSub2K

VegasSub2K Active Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Is that a Fortis forward grip?

17. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Mine isn't shown in the "Glamour-Shots" section because it isn't pretty.
    And it's busy.
    I like nothing more than dropping it in the hands of a newby. If it's already gassed-up, the manual of arms is simple.
    Put the green circle on the red clay, shoot, and shuck it like you want to break it.
    After they have blasted away and think they are done, I like flipping the tube selector and telling them they are half done... shuck it again.
    I should get pictures of that :poop:-eating grin when they busted way more than they thought, but I'm busy digging shells out of the box...
    Their friend just watched the blasting and is bouncing up and down saying "I'M NEXT!!!!".. Refuel and repeat.

As far as photos, well, here's what the sky looks like with 25 less clay-pigeons....
    [​IMG]
    not very photo-worthy:(.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    MedicineRattle, 850sub and GearBolt like this.
  18. CharlieB

May 25, 2014
    Florida
    Correct, thank you!

19. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Utah
    Didn’t notice that. Thanks

20. Michaeljager

Michaeljager Active Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I think Im approaching 500. The vast majority has been Federal FC 00 buck. I havent bought any cheap stuff because with buck I want to train with what I would fight with and know what Im getting when I shoot it, not just for it to go boom. I also bought 110 Brenneke slugs, the magnum kind for terrorists/engine blocks. It is no fun to shoot at all so I still have most of them. What slugs do yall like to shoot? Do you have different slugs for range and defense? How do you feel about reduced recoil vs regular? I need to buy more soon.

GearBolt likes this.