Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the pf9 has a little issue i put another 100 rounds through it today and its shooting way down and right. To hit center i was aiming left and high. It isnt me im pretty sure the first outing it was hitting what i was aiming at. Dont know what this could be and no limp wristing and my sights were at when i first went....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like the rear sight may have drifted? Odd that its hitting a different point of impact than last time. Seems like only possible options are sight have changed, or you've changed the way you shoot.

Check the hex screw that holds the rear sight in place.

The windage can be corrected by adjusting the rear sight. Elevation you have to shim the rear sight, or sand it. Kel Tec sells a shim kit for the rear sight. They also sell front sights of different heights, if you'd prefer to adjust elevation that way.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have found that the 147 grain actually shoot higher. I think this may be do to the fact they are slower to exit the barrel allow the natural recoi lof the muzzle to flip slightly upward a little longet while the slower heavier bullet is exiting the barrel. I also have read that the slower exit from a shorter barrel allows more powder to burn thus reducing velocity loss from a shorter barrel that you would incure in a faster traveling lighter bullet.

I dont know what you intend to carry but if it is the heavier 147's then the point of impact will change from low to high.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i was shooting 115 grain federal and remington full jacket hallow points both were shooting the same low and right. Ill try messing with the sight but as i said it looked like it hasnt moved. Oh and i was only 15 yards out.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
If nothing has changed with the pistol (sights, etc), then it is likely to a change in the way you are shooting/gripping the pistol. Although the first session was fine, in this session you may have subconciously been anticipating the recoil/snap and have a slight induced flinch affecting the way you pull the trigger. Pulling low and right (or left) is not uncommon with the PF-9 in the early phases of learning the pistol, especially if you are used to larger, heavier firearms and/or single action triggers.

Jim R

·
Banned
247 Posts
Let someone else shoot it. I have a 1911 that was shooting low and to the left, I let my cousin shoot it and he was dead on.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
you might be surprised that the more you shoot , the more the impact will rise it sure did for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts