Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just get one of these for $129.00 with free shipping. I bought two when they were having their introductory sale. Olight Baldr Mini. Rechargable 600 lumen light, green zero-able laser, or both at the same time. https://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-baldr-mini.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_Y_8BRBiEiwA5MCBJlEUxU9LE1L-70bV3EqtnI9BItLL7U20SjMo4M45Jl7ugftoGlbR3BoC84QQAvD_BwE
Fits most handguns with a rail, and low profile enough I have it on top of my KS7 and it is totally out of the field of view of my red dot sight. do NOT get a red laser if you have a red dot sight. The coating on the lens blocks a lot of red light such that it works right, and your bright red laser will be barely visible through the optic. The green laser shows up great through the optic.

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
I can tell you first hand having possibly the only known Wespi in the US (I only know of one other in europe) why it likely didn't catch on. Even when I placed a modern intense LED flashlight behind the lens group the illumination was poor... The bulk of the patents Wespi applied for was in 1912. My Wespi says US Patent Pending, I don't think they ever got a US patent or it's unsearchable online. I think there's a cut off date.

Yes the room has to be pitch black. It's not very heavy but I have no idea what battery(s) it took, it's no more than the weight of two "C" batteries. AFAIK they only made them for smaller caliber revolvers as a clamp on, the FN 1900, and Side Latch Mausers; the last two being definitely not heavy on recoil. My bulb is intact but the element does look very fragile. The bulb actually has a porcelain coating inside it to help reflect the light. I suspect the war may have contributed to their demise. It's not like people could read reviews on how bad it was. You likely had to rely more on dealer reputation and I only found reference in a book to one dealer in New York that sold them.
That's amazing. How on earth did you acquire it?

Got any photos? I'm kinda a giant nerd and I quite often enjoy amateur history nerding . :)

BTW, welcome to the forum. As this is your only post, did you find it just on a google search about the Wespi?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: painkillerAZ

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's amazing. How on earth did you acquire it?

Got any photos? I'm kinda a giant nerd and I quite often enjoy amateur history nerding . :)

BTW, welcome to the forum. As this is your only post, did you find it just on a google search about the Wespi?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I second this, holy crap batman, what a find!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts