Quick question on used P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Cubriver_Kid, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I have located a used, not very used mabey 50 rnds P3at for $275.00 with extra clip.  My dealer has no new ones but I am next on the list.  Is the used one worth $275.00 or would it be beter to wait? The gun has been back to KelTech and has all the upgrades.

CK

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm curious about who is telling you about "all the upgrades?" Just what upgrades exactly has it had? Ask them - short of a brand new slight change to the hammer block there really have not been anything of substance for years. That, combined with an extraordinarily high price, leaves me to have a bad taste in my mouth about that deal. I might consider $225 as a high point and I am much more fond of buying used than new. But that price is too high even for a brand new with a warranty one!

-Scott

3. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    This gun was purchased about 3 months ago by a guy I work with, I know the guy fairly well, and he is not much of a gunner, and thinks he wants to sell it.  He sent it back to KelTech and they basicley did the buff and polished, and test fire it and sent it back to him.  I belive it is a second generation only because it is fairly new.  Kel-Tec's are hard to come by in this area.

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Well then it has had no "updates" and the price is high. But if it works out for you go fo it. I know that I could generally beat/meet that price any day buy buying new off the net and having it shipped here - although I get a good deal on FFL fees. But you should be able to come darn close to that new.

Tell the guy he is in never never land and give him $225 for it. Maybe $235-250 if it comes with the new sales receipt he got that doesn't have his name on it!!!

-Scott

5. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I will tell him $225.00 and see where it goes. He has the box and the recipe with it.

I sure like my PF9 and I think there is a place in my Pocket for a P3AT!!

Thanks Scott

6. jimwiggs

jimwiggs Active Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Cocoa, FL
    [highlight][/highlight]

The new selling price in your area is the starting point for your evaluation.  If no P3's are available and you want one, you're going to have to pay.

Look it over real good and decide what you want to pay to get it. Be sure the finish meets your satisfaction, ask the dealer for permission to field strip and examine, then take it or leave it.

Jim

7. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    The deals off, his wife wont let him sell it!!!!
    go figure
    CK