Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased the KS-7 and have yet to fire it- though I have broken it down and reassembled it, added on a howitzer 70, metal follower, and recoil reduction pad on the stock.

My question is on suggestions for storing the KS-7 for quick access. I originally wanted to use one of those wall-mounted devices that encases the trigger, but it seems none of them can accommodate the KS-7 due to the bullpup design and stock carry handle. Does anyone use a small wall-mountable cabinet, and if so, which brand/model are you happy with? I would prefer a mechanical lock vice an electronic keypad.

Thanks, looking forward to getting to the range to test this baby out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A wall mounted cabinet is going to be just a matter of what you can find.
A search on the internet and a look through the big home improvement stores should turn up some good candidates.
Most of these sell steel bathroom and shop type furniture, that while not extremely sturdy may be good enough.
A professional tool locker might do but usually the cost is high for good quality versions.

Another option might be a US military surplus heavy aluminum or steel container used to ship large munitions.
These can often be found on surplus sites.
Here's a selection on Sportsman's Guide. Do some online searching for better prices...

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/military-surplus/ammo-cans-military-storage?d=122&c=407

One of these can be painted to look a little less crude, but being tough enough to withstand some force to enter may be your best option.
Most of these surplus cases and be fitted with a locking loop for a pad lock.
I've seen the lock conversion hardware for surplus ammo cases online.
A "real" gun locker is going to be very expensive if it's stronger then one of these surplus cases.

To mount, use heavy lag bolts with larger washers inside the case, and bolted firmly into wall studs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Under the bed st
There are some pretty nice under-bed storage systems that might work in other locations if you have a flat area to mount them too, here is just one example: https://shop.opticsplanet.com/snap-safe-aux-under-bed-safes.html?_iv_code=2BC-GF-GSAS-75400
Under the bed storage won't work for me, bed is flush with floor. I was looking at this wall mount solution but it is a bit pricey and not very expandable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T2A6BW/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

·
Registered
371 Posts
That would probably be the best option, but the high cost would smart some.
Of course if you want good protection you have to pay for it.

If you need expansion capability, you're going to probably be looking at a standard gun safe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got two racks that mount between the box springs and the mattress that holds my tac 14, and will hold the ks7 if it fits. That's what I've been using it works great out of the way is hidden by the bedspread but it's handy if I need it. I love one of those tactical walls but I've got no place to put it that the wife will let me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got two racks that mount between the box springs and the mattress that holds my tac 14, and will hold the ks7 if it fits. That's what I've been using it works great out of the way is hidden by the bedspread but it's handy if I need it. I love one of those tactical walls but I've got no place to put it that the wife will let me.
Hi, I'm the original poster. I have the same problem- finding a place acceptable to the wife. In-wall not an option with her. Ended up getting a Fastbox 47. Will likely be going in the home office.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
Sub 2000. Gen 2 & KS7
8 Posts
Custom built for my Windham 20" Gov't. (Surface mounted) Could easily be downsized for a ks7. If ya don't gotta lock it up, use guitar wall hooks, mine are cruiser ready.

Wood Textile Orange Rectangle Wall
Product Wood Hardwood Wood stain Art
Handle Property Door Dead bolt Fixture

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did something similar using 2 of those big vinyl covered screw hooks like they use for bikes and ran them in inside and above the opening of my bedroom closet. out of site. higher than kids can reach but easy for me. Hmmm and I think above the wife's reach. maybe good side benefit. :rolleyes:
ya, my wife and I have no kids in the house, when the grand kids do come over everything is locked away. these days they don't come over too often :( I keep all my guns chambered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts