Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a forend from Red Lion Precision about a year ago and it's still sitting in its box. I'm looking to finally get it installed but had a few questions:

- Have any of you tried adding M-Lok or Keymod accessories to the slots on the forend?

I ordered the rails but I wanted to see about adding accessories without the use of the picatinny rails.

- If I understand correctly, the forend includes the mechanism to keep the gun folded closed so theoretically, I can remove the front sight, correct?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
After the Red Lion Precision forend has been installed, the front of it will lock into the catch on the rear of the stock when folded (as long as there is nothing mounted on the forend to prevent it from folding).

:nopics:

So, I took a photo of my Gen 2, with the front sight removed and the RLP forend, showing it folded and locked -

I do not have any M-Lok or KeyMod accessories so I cannot answer that question. I use Picatinny rails.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very helpful, thank you.

Too update my own question, the M-Lok and Keymod accessories I tried at home after finally unboxing my RL forend did not fit in the slots. Maybe they could with different grommets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.