Question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by CH, Dec 24, 2008.

1. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What do the letters and numbers mean? P pistol?  3AT ?
    I have done a little searching on this but have come up with nothing. I sure do like the answer when someone asks what is it? Just say Kel Tec 380. That's to easy.

Merry Christmas Everybody.
    Cliff

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    P as in Pistol
    3AT sounded out sounds like three eighty.

P-Three-Eighty P3AT

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I believe the P just stands for pistol...and the 3AT is a play on 380...that simple.

Rick

4. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'll be darned.

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    I've had one in my pocket since April and it never occured to me. What was it that Homer Simpson said? "Dohhhh!"

6. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pistol-380 is what they want you to THINK it means...but does it really. ::)

7. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    P32= Pistol .32ACP
    P3AT= Pistol .380ACP

I'm 99% sure that the play on words mean exactly as it sounds as in pee- three-eight-tee

8. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
  9. crv99

crv99 New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    True, but I thought Kel-Tec was going to use P380 until they found out another company (Sig?) had already trademarked that name. So, P-Three-Eight-Teee was used instead.

10. ColeSpeed

ColeSpeed New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    True, but I thought Kel-Tec was going to use P380 until they found out another company (Sig?) had already trademarked that name.  So, P-Three-Eight-Teee was used instead.
    [/quote]

I looked up on the USPTO.gov site to learn that the US Trademark  was filed on December 8, 2008 and is owned by Saeilo Enterprises, Inc

Further research shows that Saeilot Ent. is the parent company of kahr Arms.

Since it was just registered a few weeks ago it looks like Kel-Tec simply wanted to be unique with P-3AT.

Tod