Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me, I have not actually handled one but I am considering buying for both my P3AT and LCP....do you find you need to re-tighten the set screws after each shooting session?  And how do the set screws  hold up to repeated screwing and unscrewing - I am not sure I would want to keep the laser on my gun/s all the time.  Thank you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have had my CT Laser for a month now. Been carring it in the holster made by PocketHolsters.com every day. Found if hasn't affected the Laser or its alignment, and even in the bright Texas sun I can see the laser dot across my yard over 100'.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had my CT since Feb and now have 600 rounds fired. It's a daily
carry without a holster. I have had no need for any adjustments.
However in bright sunlight I can only see my laser up to 30 feet. On the range
in darker conditions it's useless at 30 yards. But as long as it's visible at short range it's doing the job!
Norton

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
norton said:
I have had my CT since Feb and now have 600 rounds fired. It's a daily
carry without a holster. I have had no need for any adjustments.
However in bright sunlight I can only see my laser up to 30 feet. On the range
in darker conditions it's useless at  30 yards. But as long as it's visible at short range it's doing the job!
Norton
Sounds like a winner Norton. And at 30 yards you should be running not shooting unless you have a good lawyer and/or a sympathetic jury. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Sounds like a winner Norton.  And at 30 yards you should be running not shooting unless you have a good lawyer and/or a sympathetic jury. :)
Amen!  Do we have a clapping emoticon here? :)

I have had the CT on my P3AT since May.  I've got 320 rounds through it in that time.  I never take the unit off the weapon.  It gets carried 99% of the time in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster (they make one that accommodates the P3AT with a CT attached).  I've noticed no screw-loosening and it is still dead on the booger at 7 yards.  Regarding its visibility, I live in the Sunshine State and there has not been an instance when I was NOT able to see it at 7 yards or closer, inside or outside, rain nor shine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was so impressed by the laser and this little pistol that I kept trying greater
& greater distances.
My intentions are to never fire in anger. My practice is a maximum of 30 ft
down to 7 ft with any hand gun (defensive shooting).
Part time I work for a retired judge as a driver/personal protection.
Norton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.