Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while now and decided to make my first post. Please forgive me if this has been covered previously but with my limited knowledge could not find another post that addresses my question.

I see that one of the prefered rounds for the P3AT seems to be the Cor-bon DPX. Which is great because I am a fan of their products. But my question is this: Does anyone have any experience/info on using Pow'Rball in thier P3AT?

It has become my favorite load when carrying my glock 27 and would like to get some opinions of it in the little KT. Thaks in advance and sorry again if this has been covered elsewhere...feel free to point me in that direction.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The PowR ball is a very fun round to shoot in .380. Unlike all other .380 I have tried, this one feels the most like a 9mm. Testing I have read about in ballistic gelatin, however, showed very poor expansion results. May as well go FMJ if you are planning to use this in a .380. My preference, for warmer weather, is a JHP, and Speer is the best constructed and highest power round in that style. Others prefer the less powerful but more reliably expanding DPX.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
corbon designed the dpx around the p3at, so i like that round.

however, I have always been a golden sabre fan, and like the winchester ranger le if I can find it....

go with what works, but pow'r ball is not my favorite.

ymmv. fwiw.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I generally carry Winchester Silvertips in my .380 and 9mm. They have good power, good expansion, and most importantly, have been 100% reliable in every firearm I have ever tried them in.

Whatever you choose, as long as you can shoot it well, and it is reliable, that is the biggest part of the battle.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Silvertips have a little hollow space designed into the end of the bullet. This is designed to improve accuracy, and has indeed been the most consistant target ammo I have found. I used it in the Postal Match for this reason.

On the other hand - if you live near the coast, or other water, you may want to consider the Federal HydraShok (another JHP). That round is the only one with a sealed bullet and primer to keep water out. Soak a handful of ammo in water for a week - the HydroShok is the only one that will still work.

Too bad nobody makes .380 with all of these wonderful design features  :-/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.