Question for owners of P-3AT/P-32 2nd generation

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gbundersea, Feb 4, 2009.

1. gbundersea

gbundersea New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Simply stated: Does your pistol shoot low? One of the problems with the 1st generation P-3AT and P-32 was that they tended to shoot about 5-6" low at 5 yards. Are you seeing something similar?

The addition of my P-Sight corrected this Point Of Aim / Point Of Impact problem on those guns, in addition to providing an improved sight picture. I thought that it was also corrected in the 2nd generation guns. However, I've heard from a few folks that this is not the case. Messing up the POA/POI is one of the reasons I haven't made a P-Sight for the 2nd generation, for fear it would make the guns shoot too high. If low POI is common with these guns though, I may have to re-think things.

Please let me know either way! Tell me which gun you have, and what kind of POA/POI you're getting from it at normal defensive distances (5 yards or so.)

And, many thanks to all you KTOGgers for your kind words, warm wishes, and support over the years! It is appreciated more than you know.

2. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Re: Question for owners of P-3AT/P-32 2nd generati

I put glow in the dark paint on mine (green rear and orange front) and at 7 yards and in IF I AM DOING MY PART it shoots fine. When I am less deliberate with the trigger pull or let my hand move during the pull I always shoot low. That's my personal experience, hopefully other will weigh in.

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008

My G1 P32 shoots POA if I do my part ;) I actually like it's "sights" better than my G2 P3AT's.

CJ

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

I applied fluorescent orange Testor model paint to my front sight and fluorescent green Testor model paint to my rear sights. My P3AT shoots right where I point it.

5. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008

I had a P32 and currently own a P-3AT both shoot POA with no modification of the sights. I'm amazed at how well they shoot if I do my part.

6. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008

I installed a CT laser before I shot it my G2. Never had a problem, never made an adjustment. Still going strong working on 700 rounds.
    Norton

7. timothius

timothius New Member

Jan 2, 2007

I put nitesiters on my P3AT and it is dead on. However I am olld nad halfblind to boot. Let's all it Luck!

Tim

8. mastercrasher

mastercrasher New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Bellevue

I added a Armalaser to my P3-AT and PF-9. At my age all sights suck. These are keyed in a 7 yards and hold anything I need them for, strictly self defence :cool:. If I want to go on the offence I'll use my Saiga 12. >:(