Question about wallet holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Walkers, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Walkers

Walkers New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    For those who have them, is it uncomfortable to sit on them? Also, is it bad for the gun?

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I can only imagine it would be very uncomfortable. I can't stand having a gun in my front pocket let alone my back pocket. Get yourself a good leather inside the waistband holster, you're bum will thank me for it.

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I have a wallet holster, and I don't even know it's there, like having a wallet. My wallet is actually thicker haha.
    tr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    I have the same wallet holster as tommyray that I use only when walking. Gound out the hard way not to sit on it. Not so much uncomfortable as the mag release pressed in and the mag came out.

John

5. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    I have a wallet holster configured for an Armalaser and the only problem is if I don't cinch my belt tight the littler weight of the weapon trys to pull my jeans down.

I use it on the bike in the summer, the bike has very little padding on the seat as do I (the only thing to keep my pants up is a little tummy I have). Also it fits perfectly in the cargo pockets of my shorts.

6. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I also found that the mag release would drop the mag constantly when using a right hand holster in the right hand rear pocket.

Get a left hand holster, put it in the left rear pocket and the problem goes away. (I guess I have a soft butt).

Works fine as long as you're left handed or ambidextrious.

7. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I have never had the mag release while using my wallet holster.
    tr

8. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Tommyray
    what brand is your wallet holster, looks good. I use a pocket holster but in jeans it prints so I have to pu my check book in front of it, Never had a problem with sitting on it but on long drives it gets put in the crack between the seats, short drives is no problem.

9. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    It is made by Concealment Concepts. They also make it for the P3 with an Armalaser. Here's a link.

http://ktholsters.com/i/103155/leather-wallet-holster.htm

10. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
  11. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I have a galco pocket holster for Crimson trace. I don't even notice it's in my back pocket even when driving long periods. It's probably more comfortable than my old wallet. Also, the laser keeps it's zero even though it seems to be where the most pressure would be. Your butt may vary.