Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recevied my hard Chrome slide back from kel-tec. I have two questions. 1). Can I do the fluff and buff on the hard Chrome, just like I did on my blued slide? 2). Do I clean and lube the hard Chrome the same as blued?

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Actually I don't normally recommend a fluff and buff unless the components show a problem. A lot of people assume a F&B as a requirement. I have 5 Kel-tecs and only one has needed additional work to help it run better. The other 4 have been perfect right out of the box.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
3wb is right of course. The F&B was really something for some of the older KTs that may have had a rougher finish or machine marks. I did a light F&B to my P3at and one PF9 but that was because I wanted to and before I shot them. If (when) I buy another KT it will just get a clean and lube before the first range trip.

Bullhauler, there are plenty of after market finish options as well. If you try a search or two I'm sure you'll find plenty of info. CCR, Goldenloki and Mickey all come to mind off the top of my head. I'm not saying the HC trade is a bad idea just that there are other options.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks cjp
Just saw in gb guy gettin 50 to hc a slide. Got a tan pf9 arriving soon, gonna throw me a hc job on that me thinks. A mans piece got to look sharp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts