Question about AFG's on Gen 2 S2K

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by Mad_Max, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Mad_Max

Mad_Max Member

Nov 27, 2019
    Kansas
    I'd like to add an AFG to my Gen 2 S2K. It looks like there are multiple sources / manufacturers. I'd appreciate hearing from anybody that bought/installed one and has an opinion on the fit and durability. Obviously I'd like to avoid any that fit poorly or aren't sturdy.

Thanks

2. aks2k

aks2k Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I went with the magpul handstop, I originally had the Magpul AFG installed but I found it a little bulky so took it off.

3. wanderson

wanderson Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I’ve run both a Stark grip and a Fab Defense.
    The Stark is a bit wider and hangs down lower than the Fab Defense. Larger hands would prefer the Stark and I run several of those on other setups like my Scorpion Evo & PAK 9.
    But I changed it to a Nightstrike Diamondback, and I think I like it better.
    if you grip with your thumb over top of the handguard then something like a Magpul AFG or Fab Defense works, but I find the sub is a bit short for that style grip and I run a light/laser combo so my grip is further back. So I keep my left hand under the grip with my elbow tucked close.

4. Mad_Max

Mad_Max Member

Nov 27, 2019
    Kansas
    Thanks for the info. So since I wont know what works best till I try it, does anybody know of a source that offers no hassle returns? I already checked Amazon but they dont have much.

5. Maxwellma

Maxwellma Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Idaho
    Do you have a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop near by?

6. Mad_Max

Mad_Max Member

Nov 27, 2019
    Kansas
    Yeah, not real close but I'm in that area every couple of months. I'll check them out.
    Thanks