Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a P3At a few months ago and i really love it, so i thought i would try the P11 but my gun dealer tried as hard as he could to keep me from buying it. He said they jam really bad and that they were junk. I am thinking about going to a different dealer and buying one anyways what do you guys think?

Thanks Josh ???

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Go to another dealer and buy one. The P-11 is a great gun in my opinion. Gun for gun I think at this time the P-11 is more reliable than the P3AT.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I agree that the P11 is Kel-tec's flagship for reliability in their pistol line and that dealer is full of it.  It does have a more challenging trigger than the P3AT but the P11 is a great gun, still the smallest, lightest, most inexpensive hi cap 9mm on the market and has been for 11 years.  Add the posibility of the 40 cal & 357 sig conversions and the P11 is totally untouchable, a must have.   8)

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
+2 The P-11 is the most reliable small pistol that KT makes. It is over-engineered to ba dead bang performer. It can hold as much as 14 rounds of 9mm +P.

Even after I removed most of the engineered safety margin--My PF-11 has not failed in over 3000 rounds.

The trigger is a little tough, but a DAt will reduce it to a sweet 4 pounds.

Packer.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Messer84 said:
A glock 40 and i hate glocks
This is what I was wondering too. It seems anytime a dealer is bashing Kel-tecs, they are usually hawking something with more profit margain. The Glock certainly qualifies. :-/

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i hate to go against the grain here, my experences were just the opposite.....first gen p3 is great from day one....p11 took a couple of ramp buffs to be good....p40 needed about four times to the range before the fte and major smiles became acceptable...it is the luck of the draw....if i got the p11 first, i think that i would have been soured....gpr

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
I have owned 4 P3AT's. Had many problems with each. All have been back to momma. some more than others. I have owned 4 P-11s. Had NO problems with each. 'Nuff said!

Well, I did send a barrel back, but that was cosmetic--The gun never failed.

Packer.

G

·
Messer84 said:
I bought a P3At a few months ago and i really love it, so i thought i would try the P11 but my gun dealer tried as hard as he could to keep me from buying it.  He said they jam really bad and that they were junk.   I am thinking about going to a different dealer and buying one anyways what do you guys think?

Thanks Josh ???
go to another dealer and then don't ever go back to this one. P11's have been around to long to be "junk". You just don't hear a 10th of the complaints about the p11 as you do with the other kt handguns. They sure sell alot of them at gander mt in Indiana.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Messer84 said:
A glock 40 and i hate glocks
This will be unpopular on a Kel-Tec board, but unless you're looking for a pocket gun then I'd recommend a Glock over a Kel-Tec too.

I'd take a G26 or a G19 over a P11 any day of the week...and twice on Sunday.

I'm a first time Kel-Tec owner and quite frankly I am unimpressed. My new P3AT is only 75-80% reliable and the fit and finish and overall quality leaves a lot to be desired. First impressions are everything, and while I'm glad to have the P3AT and willing to do what it takes to make it a reliable pocket gun, I will not be buying another Kel-Tec product.

·
Registered
146 Posts
GB said:
Why? Too reliable, fit and finish too good? :-X
Love my KT and love my Glocks...all three of them. Looking for a new one now :)

Same question...what's wrong with a Glock? Cause everyone has one, including the cops? Hey, it won't be long before everyone owns a Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No not everybody owns or wants one. Be a cold day in .. Before that brick is in my house. I am looking seriously at a P-11 Was playing with a new one today at store. Trouble is really about same size overall as my S&W 3913 and thicker . No sure the few extra rounds worth it. Will need to think some more. Be no thinking required when comes to block

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
michael_t said:
No not everybody owns or wants one. Be a cold day in .. Before that brick is in my house. I am looking seriously at a P-11 Was playing with a new one today at store. Trouble is really about same size overall as my S&W 3913 and thicker . No sure the few extra rounds worth it. Will need to think some more. Be no thinking required when comes to block
  The P-11 is WAY more concealable.

Your SW is about 1 inch longer and the same higher. It weighs 4 oz. more empty than the P-11 with 11 rounds in it. No way is it thinner overall--Especially with all those levers on the side.

And the P-11 can hold 14 rounds (KT 12 round flush-fit factory mag and KT +1 extension.) and still be less tall than your SW.

Packer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont really hate glocks. i just dont like them as much as my sigs. i have had problems with 2 glocks a 40 and a mini. one the trigger gave me problems and the other had loading issues.

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
michael_t said:
The 3913 weights 24.8 ounces empty that's about 10 ounces more than a P-11. You can carry a P-11 and a P-3AT and still be carrying less weight than one 3913.

G

·
I've had my p-11 for a while now and have put about 300 rounds through it and no problems. I trust my life with this thing. It does have a long trigger pull but that is your safety. That's my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.