Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

I just picked up this riser, and i can not get it level to line up with the main rail. The set-screw on the bottom when tightened automatically tilts the quad rail by ~2-3deg offset. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

The only thing i can think of is not to use the set screw and only use the lock ring.... Im not sure that will hold. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Is the setscrew screwing in against the rifle? If so there may be a depression there that the point of the screw is setteling into causing the mis-alignment. If this is the case you may have to skip the setscrew. IF the setscrew has a point, you might be able to file the point off. If it dosn't have a point, it will be less inclined to find it's way to the bottom of the mis-aligned depresson.

Are the rails at the same height? If they are, you might be able to clamp some type of rail mount across the gap to align the two rails then tighten the locking collar. Not specifically familliar with this design, but I would hope it would be enough to hold it in place as setscrews are not all that great compared to a compression collar...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes exactly right. There is a dimple for the setscrew that causes it to tilt.

I like the rail "bridge" idea... But ive never seen anything like that that is low profile.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you want to get a different rail look in to GACADGuy's rails which use a different clamping mechanism. It doesnt seem like he has anymore on gunbroker but you could try messaging him to see if he is going to do another run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.