Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a P3at today. I was surprised to find one available since we haven't seen any around here fore a month or so. One shop even has a waiting list for the p3at and the lcp. I checked the gun out completely and everything looked good on it. When we agreed on a price he got the box out and I was surprised to see that it was a white cardboard Kel-Tec box instead of the newer plastic case. The serial number on the gun is JJLxx and the date in the box is 10/19/07. It is definitely new though. It has obviously never been fired and still had all of the safety tags on the trigger guard.

I haven't fired it yet but wanted to know if there have been any changes since mine was made.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I'm not sure of the date your gun was made, but as we've seen in here before, the date on the paper is usually when the paper was made.

Rick

·
Registered
108 Posts
jbabbler said:
Well, if I followed the coding correctly it looks like JJLxx would be 10/18/07. That and the fact that it isn't in a plastic box makes believe that it's NOS.
I think you are correct.  Mine is JJTxx. I purchased it in June 2008.  It came in a white box with the gun rug included.  The dealer I bought it from said he had it in stock since Mar 08.  Yours will probably not have the latest hammer block which is no big deal if you always let the trigger go full forward before firing the next round.  The hammer block is not that hard to change yourself and KT will send it free just for the asking.  One thing you might consider is installing a piece of electrical shrink tubing on the trigger.  There are several posts on the subject on this board.  You will find that the shrink tube will help the feel of the trigger and add comfort to firing the gun. You had Good luck in finding your P3AT and enjoy your new little friend.

Dave

·
Registered
145 Posts
goodbrewing said:
[quote author=sniper7369 link=1231209962/0#3 date=1231212432]OK, I'll ask the dumb question.  :-[ What is NOS??
New old stock[/quote]

Ah, duh. :-[ Thanks man, I must have just had a huge brain fart. ;D

My P3At is J2PXX and it came in the white box with the gun rug. It also doesn't have the new hammer block, but it's never been a problem for me so I'll probably just leave it as it is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips. I think I really want to get out and shoot it before I start modding anything. I did buff it out after my wife looked at it and said "it looks old" A few minutes later she liked the way it looked. Those barrels look rough until you polish them up. I'm going to take her shooting with it this weekend. Its going to be her's once she gets her CCP.

I carried my P-11 for 10 years and just recently traded it for the PF9. When I go to the range I usually shoot a few mags through the KT to stay proficient then put a few hundred through my XD-9.

oh... sorry for the confusion. You know how you use acronyms at work and just assume EVERYONE ELSE knows them too. :-X

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
edd_browne said:
"up to and including their life."

But some would prefer death in battle over lives of disability,
unrepairable damage, chronic pain, and that neglect from the VA.
huh??? Did you accidentally reply to the wrong post? ;D

·
Registered
108 Posts
jbabbler said:
[quote author=edd_browne link=1231209962/0#9 date=1231219145]"up to and including their life."

huh??? Did you accidentally reply to the wrong post?  ;D
[/quote]

I think he was protesting my signature from a previous post (see above) He has that right, as well as I do. But I think that comment should be moved somewhere else.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
edd_browne said:
"up to and including their life."

and some of us are just proud to have done their time

regardless of any outcomes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.