"Pulled the trigger" on a new P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pfb, Oct 17, 2007.

1. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    While my CCW is processing, I've been looking for the right ULCG (ultra light carry gun). This forum convinced me that the P3AT, with the right "tuning", would be a reliable, accurate and very easy to carry choice. Thanks KTOG for all the info!

I checked out some choices at a local gun show (almost bought a blue/hard-chrome), and looked in vain at the local shops, but ended up buying a 2G P3AT, Olive Drab with Blued slide from a dealer on Gunbroker.com. $230 + $15 ship + $15 local FFL fee.

Slide & magazines will go off to Jack Fuselier for nickel plating and a "fluff ad buff" before a single round is shot. Add a stainless clip, LaFrance trigger job, proper lubrication, trigger shoe, trigger stop, "Agrip" grip sheets, and a Bersa magazine extension.

Then do I get to shoot it??

So what do you think? Am I missing anything? Any better alternatives for the mods I have planned?

2. Hwkeye

Hwkeye New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Glad you chose the P3AT! It is a great gun, and you wont be sorry. I would, though recommend that you shoot the base gun itself before you start adding stuff... it may save you money. You may not need some of the stuff you are planning on getting. I would recommend even getting a box of 50 and run through it before you start doing stuff... Fluff and buff is ok, that is needed anyway IMO. Just dont want you to waste money on something you may not need!! Have fun, and be safe!!

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Make sure everything is working the way you want it - at least 500 rounds, no peening, ejecting perfect, etc. etc. before even thinking of sending it off the Jack. If you do have to send it back to momma land for some repairs, they don't give you any credit for nor often return your Jack'd slide or other parts.

-Scott

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Slide & magazines will go off to Jack Fuselier for nickel plating and a "fluff ad buff" before a single round is shot....Inspect the slide at the recoil rod guide hole. You might want to get an insert for the slide. you can have one made out of metal of your choice or get some of those nylon ones listed here.

Add a stainless clip,...You might want to try a holster first. I still have the clip in the wrapper.

LaFrance trigger job... never heard of that. do you have any details to share

proper lubrication

trigger shoe... look carefully at the shoe, I hear it is wider than the P3AT

trigger stop, "Agrip" grip sheets, and a Bersa magazine extension.

Then do I get to shoot it??

5. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Looks like a sort of "fluff and buff" for the trigger assembly. Link from the KTOG Tec Works page.

I'm not sure if I will use the clip, but thought for the $12, I'd give it a try.

Don't know anything about the recoil rod spacers. Will have to do a search on that.

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Here is a good read post "recoil rod guide insert"

to purchase some of this washers "JFB washers"

the original links didn't work
    The Hyperlinks had to be rewritten to include /yaBB2/ plus a few other changes

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The LaFrance trigger job is for the P11.

8. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Cool! One less thing to do! :-?