Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working part time at the local gun shop in Northern Commiefornia for almost a year and a half, and we finally got a NIB Kel-Tec RDB-C bullpup in. Got it employee discounted and put it in Commiefornia jail. I already have two AR15s, two Ruger Minis (a 14 and a 30), a Riley Defense RAK-47, a Ruger PC 9mm carbine , and W2 USGI Inland M1 Carbine, so I really don't need it. Just thought it might be a hoot, so pulled the pin.

I already ordered a Sig Romeo 5 for it. Even though I run iron sights on all my other rifles, this screams optics! I like that it is 1/7, with a 20" barrel, as I shoot/load MK262 MOD1 77 grainers in my MIni and AR15s

I know when the first came out, they had issues, but haven 't seen any bad press in the last year or so. Have they worked out the bugs?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, fellow Cali neighbor. I think the RDB-C offers the best overall package for this market and it doesn't sacrifice safety (looking at you grip fins). I got mine just at the beginning of the pandemic and it costs me 700. Then I slowly acquired a bunch of accessories that puts a huge hole in my wallet (it's really something to think about when you have a scope that costs 4 times the rifle). Oh well.
I had put about 500 rounds through it so far using federal 55gr, 62gr, 68gr, and 75gr (this is RDB-C's favorite). Zero issue. I think it's comparable in terms of accuracy to the M16A2 I have used when in uniform but much more friendly to left handers. Also it's easier to clean. I think my particular RDB is capable of better accuracy but I need to practice more Range experience with a new RDB-C

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Worked at the shop today and played with the RDB-C. REALLY cool operating system. Popped out two pins and basically disassembled it. Third pin drops the lower off. It would be really easy to clear a round jammed in the chamber. I have pre-ban and freedom week 20 & 30 rnd Magpuls and 30 rnd Hex-mags I use in my ARs. Can't wait to take it to the range. Scheduled a range day for the 12th. I'll also take my new Ruger PC9 carbine, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts