Proud owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by catfish308, Aug 8, 2009.

1. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Went to the gun show today to find some powder but ended up with powder and a 3AT. For $299 I couldn't pass it up since I was looking for a pocket gun anyway. I was tempted to by a J frame but I'm just impressed by this gun and I liked the price tag a lot better. I took it apart and found that the feed ramp had already been polished which was nice. Can't wait to go shoot it :) Feels good to have a gun I can always have on me instead of my M&P which I leave home when I work.

2. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I love mine! Got it in a wallet holster on me right now!

3. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Hey congrats, I carry mine 90% of the time in a wallet holster that I made, even with no shirt and shorts on can not tell it is in my back pocket, other 10% of the time I carry a PT 145 IWB.

4. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Congratulations on the new gun... :D

I think you will find that you can carry it very easy. Mine is with me almost always, except when I change to the PF9. Before I had the Kel Tec's, my guns stayed home allot of the time.

5. gaKelTechMan

gaKelTechMan New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    i just bought one as well. i havent shot mine either.  how can you tell that your feed ramp is polished?  guess i am not sure what it would look like not polished.

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I think you'll find the P3AT is great for everyday carry when other guns just don't work.

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Congrats on your P3AT!

Have mine in my front pocket or within arms reach nearly 24x7.

Take care...

8. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
  9. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I love my P3AT. Either it or the P32 is always on me. Some people whine about calibers or shooting accuracy at 25 yards with these. Well, they are not made for that in my own and many others opinion too. They are made to be small/light enough to always be with you which makes them absolutely fantastic for self defense.

You still need to get a J-Frame too eventually, it is a bit more range worthy and also one of those guns that everybody needs one of. :cool:

10. CrackerKen

CrackerKen New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I went to the gun show back in June and came back home with both a P-3AT and a S&W 642 J-Frame (both new). I was partial to the J-frames going back to my law enforcement days, but still had to have the P-3AT. My P-3AT has a polished ramp too, surprisingly. I've seen pics of the rough ones, and that's what I expected. The ramp on the one I have is slick and shiny like chrome . Actually, I didn't find (at least visibly) the issues described in the fluff and buff directions. Mine is parkerized, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the polished feed ramp (maybe they polish it to take off the parkerization, since the barrel is also parkerized?).

I carry the P-3AT probably 80% of the time, and the 642 the rest. I love the P-3AT, MUCH more than the old AMT Back-up DAO that I sold, while in line to get into the show - much lighter and easier to carry.

Welcome to the club!

11. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Sorry guys, been gone all day.

I had a PF9 that needed a F&B so I knew what to look for and that's what I was expecting but was surprised when I cleaned the gunk up. I'll keep a look out for a 642 but I'm also wanting a 1911 and an AR-15  :cool: so we'll see. So many guns so little money  :(

I almost went with the caliber wars on what or what not to carry. However, if I'm not carrying at all what good is a gun? Having my 3AT in a pocket is a great feeling.

Thanks for the welcome.

12. krunchnik

krunchnik New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yup,carry mine in a Crossbreed Mini Tuck when I cant carry my XD,it is better to have a .380 ACP than nothing at all.trouble with the larger pistols is there are times when you just cant take it with you.The P3AT can be with you for those times.

13. Moon

Moon New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    You'll love it. I now carry the P-3AT rather than the snubbie. Never thought I'd replace the snubbie for carry but the Kel-Tec is lighter, carries more rounds, and is easier to hide.

14. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hey, admit it we ALL Love It ;D

15. CrackerKen

CrackerKen New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    So true! P-3AT's rule!

Next time someone questions the caliber or the power of the round - Ask them if you can test on them. I think that will stop the argument, one would hope. The idea that one should be toting a .45ACP as the minimal self defense round is, at least IMHO, way off base. Nothing wrong with carry a .45, but you can kill folks graveyard dead with a .22, .25, .32, .380, .38 spl, etc. That said, I believe in carrying the biggest round you can comfortably carry.

16. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I agree, something is better than nothing. No matter what you carry, practice with it and be confident in what you carry.

17. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Well, don't know if I would necessarily include the 25. But I guess you could get them mad enough they could have a heart attack. :D

18. CrackerKen

CrackerKen New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    .25's were one of the most popular "Saturday night specials" of days gone by. They will certainly kill people. I agree though, a little risky, especially since people these days can be totally wacked out on crack, meth, etc, and it takes a bit more to knock 'em down.

19. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Congrats! Keep her wet and clean.... don't forget to shoot the hell outa her. :)

20. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hoping to take her out tomorrow for the first time. Could only afford one box of fmj and a box of Hornady Critical Defense, strange thing is they were the same price >:( $30 a box. Also have some 9mm reloads I need to try out and collect some .380 brass so I can reload them as well.

Will give a report if I can make it out there tomorrow.