Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah for me! I have been looking for a PF9 for a while now. I walked into my LGS and saw a used one wagging its tail and looking at me. The wifey said yes. $214 later I was out the door. The shop couldn't tell me how many rounds had been through it but it doesn't look worn at all. I'll be taking it out for a shoot tomorrow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Woot! This gun is a shooter. 50 rounds of UMC, 50 rounds of Brown Bear and not a single failure. Nice groups at 7 yards. I was even able to hit a 15” gong at 50 yards.

Only problem, this gun punishes you hand.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I actually wear gloves when i shoot more than 50 rounds.. But as mentioned in another thread if we learned how to properly hold it, it will be great to shoot and easier on the hands..

·
Registered
104 Posts
riptide18 said:
I actually wear gloves when i shoot more than 50 rounds.. But as mentioned in another thread if we learned how to properly hold it, it will be great to shoot and easier on the hands..
Some seem to have trouble with the harshness of the PF9 & some don't. My gun shop owner is an olympic champion shooter and hates the PF9 because it is so ruff on the hand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The good thing about these guns being such hard shooters is that, if you buy a used one, you can bet it does not have a very high round count..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Im an owner for less than a month, I am already thinking of my second PF9.. A good used one would be great.
They work great for me!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I just picked up a PF9 hard chrome used which it doesn't even look like it had been shot, compete with Manual, lock in bag, mag extender in bag and not a mark on it. So after I purchased it I was looking on Youtube and I see all these issues, mags dropping, not chambering the next round, slide jummped off the rail on one. The question I have are these all older guns or do the PF9's have issues. Also is there a better manf of ammo to use so report not all works well. Set it straight for me, as a new PF9 owner.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Theclient, I am a new pf9 owner and I am happy with mine. A few failures but it is more operator problem (my fault).

IMHO, no one can set it straight for you.. Just shoot your pf9 and if you have no failures then its good for you.. Otherwise if you experience any problems, then post it here.. There are lots of great pf9 owners here who can help you like they helped me.. :)

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
TheClient... Why did you wait to research the PF-9 until AFTER you bought it? (Sorry... Couldn't resist)

As mentioned... Just take it to the range and shoot it, then decide for yourself if yours has a problem. Go to any brand's forum and you'll read horror stories. It's part of gun forums (or car, boat, RV forums)

As for ammo... WalMart Federal has probably the best history, but Remington and Blazer Brass (not Blazer Aluminum... There's a difference) also have good reliability in the PF-9. SOME have good results with Winchester 100 round Value Packs (aka WWB), but many PF-9s don't like it.

Take a box of several brands of good Brass Cased ammo to the range and see what YOUR PF-9 likes best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Thanks for the ammo suggestions, I want to start out with the best ammo. As for the research, I talked to the LGS figured that was enough, found out about the issues when I was looking for options to go with the gun, laser, xtra mags, etc. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
lube it (breakfree),,shoot it 500 times. I quit fluff and buff, I do ramps (good @ it, learned it here) just cause its pretty.. Have started a new thing; keltecs go to gunsmith for thing called "tuning" .. I am a novice and just learned that word, so I followed up on it.... Got one back today from gunsmith, money well spent. Well spent!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Don't worry about all the problems you read about or see on youtube. People don't post as much about working guns as they do about problem guns. Any pistol in this weight and size class will have some issues with some people all the time. I have shot 1000's of rounds through my p3at and pf9 and the only problem with either is one broken assembly pin on the pf9 and a stuck like glue squib round in the p3at. As much as I have fired the pf9 a broken pin is no surprise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good to know I had some concerns after reading about Tons of problems and long waits for the more expensive parts, hopefully I will fall into the category that has better luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats! Hope you love yours as much as I do mine. I have found that a bandaid on my trigger finger helps with the pinching.
My glove size is XL and I have no problem with finger pinch. I did file the sharp tip off the trigger and rounded it before taking it to the range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts