Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

How do you like this design?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello the camp!

Keltec says they have no timeline to make a replacement handguard... so I am.

M-Lok with QD mounts on the back. It'll be 6061-T6 anodized black aluminum. The prototype is enroute to us as we speak but the design below is our final prototype. Just wanted to get some feedback on what people think about it.

A few things to note:

1. There's no real way to free float it. Nothing to attach to the receiver area to secure it.

2. We have tried to make two reinforcement pieces front and rear in an attempt to anchor the handguard better for bipod-mounted shooting to eliminate the POI shift, but we'll have to actually try to shoot it and see if it still has a problem.

We will make changes as needed for fitment, feel, and function, and once we have finalized the design, it'll take 3-4 weeks to produce, anodize, and be ready to ship. We're hoping around Labor Day.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK, folks. The moment you've all been waiting for. The big reveal on painted and mounted prototype for the Keltec RDB m-lok replacement handguard!

These will be manufactured in 6061-T6 aluminum, with QD holes at the rear 3 o'clock, 6, and 9. The first batch will be lightly powder coated (like the valve covers on an Audi or BMW) to make the surface slightly grippy without being ugly. We will make a second batch if sales on the first batch go well anodized smooth coat for those who want a smooth look and want to mount m-lok rail covers for grip instead or under-side fore-grips.

They will be secured in the rear by a tighter tolerance on the mounting pins (you will have to take a plastic or rubber mallet and tap them onto these slots GENTLY - the fit is .002" clearance), and in the front by an included 1/4 inch 8-32 inner THREADED mounting bolt that goes into the gas block while the handguard is off, then 8-32 screws left and right tighten the rail to the block with blue loctite and a 6-32 screw on the BOTTOM locks the rail from vertical movement. This baby will be MUCH more secure than the factory and hopefully eliminate any POI shift if shooting with a bipod.

That's the details on our handguard.

Without further adieu... pictures!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Guys, Lee Majors has violated forum rules by posting commerce in our regular forums. The info that violated has been removed.

Please read our rules regarding commerce here at KTOG.

KTOG FORUM RULES

Any more violations will get this thread AND topic locked...so please follow our rules.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, since I didn't see a rule on that as a sticky, guess I missed it.

I'll try to dig through the site to find the sales rules since they don't seem to be out and obvious as some other boards have.

In the meantime, and hopefully this doesn't violate one of the rules, if any of you are interested, please shoot me a PM and I'll give you our website and contact info.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Let's not speak of money or financing or any "commerce" related anything...keep to our rules. Until Lee Majors gets a few things arranged on the backside. Paperwork and crap, you know.

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.