Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I was planning today to mount my new Burris AR-332 3X scope on my Kel Tec SU16B but the scope instructions say to use 85 ft/lbs of torque and that seems crazy high on the polymer rail. Ok I checked again and the Burris manual says 85 inch pounds. I guess I need to web search since I never heard of inch pounds. Still if anyone has any ideas about this then please let me know. :)

Ok I found this

http://www.unitconversion.org/energy/inch-pounds-to-foot-pounds-conversion.html

And I guess it's just 85/12 = 7.083 ft/lbs but I don't know if that makes much sense either

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yep inch pounds are lighter than foot pounds...just like a ruler...1 foot pound = 12 inch pounds..I've torque wrenches for both..

85 inch pounds = 7.08 foot pounds

·
Registered
152 Posts
AJD I have that sight on my AR. Don't sweat the torque values. I just used a 1/2 inch wrench or nut driver and torque it till it's tight on the rail. I also use a laser bore sight in the barrel and kind of watch that to keep alignment left & right. When both bolts are snug and the laser shows dead center I quit. It has never shot loose. I would be more careful for sure on the plastic SU rail. I have heard of people snapping the bolts on the Burris, but as A.O. said inch pounds are different than foot pounds. I suspect people are using a 2 foot handle foot pound torque wrench and ruining their scope mount & picatinny rail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts