Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've had my 2nd Gen P3-AT for several years now. After one trip back to the factory for failure to feed hp's it has never had a failure to feed with the Black Hills 90gr JHP I use for carry or the Sellier & Bellot 92gr JHP I use for low cost practice. A couple of days ago I picked up some Magtech 95gr FMJ for cheap practice since it was a couple of dollars a box cheaper than the S&B.

I used the Magtech first in my +1 mag and the recoil from it kept causing the mag release to be tripped (might have been my hand hitting it) dropping the mag slightly and causing a FTF. I've never had this happen with any other ammo. I didn't have the problem with the regular mag but I did experience several FTF's. The pistol was completely clean when I started shooting and I noticed the feed-ramp was crusty dirty after ~35 rounds of the Magtech. Wondering if it was the gun or the ammo I ran several mags of the Black Hills through it with no problems. It seems my particular P3 just doesn't like the Magtech ammo.

Cheers,
Wuchak

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Hi, wuchak. Welcome to KTOG!

It probably has nothing to do with the ammo. I think you are seeing one of the first signs of impending mag catch failure.

The extra leverage at bottom will distort a weak mag catch to release under recoil.

Call KT Service (1-800-515-9983) and order a new magazine catch and spring before you have this problem when you LEAST need it.

Packer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.