Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i will say it hasnt produced a problem yet...only 54 rounds thru it so far....

edited: issue remedied....swapped barrels to go with original slides....

issue to be taken up elsewhere.

thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just looked at the gun again....the frame rail that got dinged appears to have gotten that way during firing when the slide is back and the empty casing is ejected....anyway when i pull the slide back all the way i can see the burr exposed to lead me to this conclusion, so i know it will cease after its been dressed out and a few thousanths of an inch are removed from the leading edge.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Jerry, welcome to KTOG.

The ding in the frame is normal & will go so far and stop.  Just dress it with a fine file & it will be fine.  The empty case is hitting it during the ejection cycle.

As for the barrel, give KelTec Service Department a call Monday morning.  Ask for SERVICE not sales.  Phone as they don't do emails very well.  Tell them what it looks like & I'm prety sure they will send you an new one.  Casting flaws are something I'd be concerned about.

For urgent customer service questions please call 321-631-0068 M-F 8am-4pm EST.

Dang Jerry you didn't give me time to post the answer. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry-S... Welcome to KTOG.......

And I will not repeat what Rat says becuase he is right again!

·
Registered
754 Posts
The burrs on the frame should stop as it breaks in, just dress them out. KT most likely will replace the barrel,just give them a call. The bad news is it will take at least 8 weeks from the time they receive it in for replacement. I talked to them today checking on a barrel and slide I had sent in and got that bad news today.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Jerry, give them a call. You might just get lucky & they MIGHT send you a replacement without having to have your's in their hands first. It's definately worth a shot.

·
Registered
754 Posts
adamsesq said:
[quote author=sprinter1 link=1206738879/0#4 date=1206739525]The bad news is it will take at least 8 weeks from the time they receive it in for replacement. I talked to them today checking on a barrel and slide I had sent in and got that bad news today.
:eek: :(

[/quote]

After asking the tuff question of what "from the time they receive it in" meant, I was told that it could take 2-3 weeks to get it into the system after it is physically received and then the 8 weeks starts!

:eek: :( :eek: :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ahh, all the more reason I kept my 1st Gen when I bought the 2nd Gen. Although mine have been relatively trouble free, it's a good idea to have a spare. Last one I sent off to KT only took a week turnaround though (cracked slide on original P32) and they simply replaced it with a new gun / same SN. I wish we could convince KT that better quality control means fewer warranty repairs and in the end, more profit and happier customers. Still, I love the little buggers and if I have pants on I have a KT in the pocket.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There is another option if you want to do it. I did this with my PF9 barrel and slide. I had an early PF9 that came with the P11 barrel and the slide had cracked at the slide stop. KT was replacing the P11 style barrel with the new longer feed ramp PF9 barrel.

I bought (credit card over the phone) a the new style barrel and a slide for the PF9. I then sent the Cracked slide back for a refund with the original invoice.

I kept the P11 barrel as I needed it for a spare slide I had.

The only downfall to this option is that you front the money for the barrel and are counting on KT saying that the barrel is in fact bad and they warranty it. I would expect that they will warranty the barrel for you but that is a chance that you have to take if you go this way.

·
Registered
754 Posts
zeke said:
There is another option if you want to do it. I did this with my PF9 barrel and slide. I had an early PF9 that came with the P11 barrel and the slide had cracked at the slide stop. KT was replacing the P11 style barrel with the new longer feed ramp PF9 barrel.

I bought (credit card over the phone) a the new style barrel and a slide for the PF9. I then sent the Cracked slide back for a refund with the original invoice.

I kept the P11 barrel as I needed it for a spare slide I had.

The only downfall to this option is that you front the money for the barrel and are counting on KT saying that the barrel is in fact bad and they warranty it. I would expect that they will warranty the barrel for you but that is a chance that you have to take if you go this way.
I tried that with the slide and barrel they have now and they said no. They said they used to do that, but no longer offer that option. >:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.