Problem with mag extension

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by roadrunner, May 18, 2008.

1. roadrunner

roadrunner New Member

May 18, 2008
    I recently purchased a magazine and a 1 rd. magazine extension for my P-3AT. After installing the mag extension I am able to get 7 rounds in the magazine but the magazine will not seat into the gun. I checked to make sure that the spring was fully seated in the follower and I also changed the spring back to the original shorter spring but still no go. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I did a big thing on this, with step-by-step pictures, over on the KTRange. You will need to be an activated member there to view this LINK. Not sure what is going on there, or if they are activating new members right now.

3. roadrunner

roadrunner New Member

May 18, 2008
  4. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to ktog! I had the same problem when I first installed mine. All you need to do is take the spring out and make sure it's intalled the right way. If it is then load and unload the mag a couple of times and try inserting it into the mag well with the mag release depressed. This should work. Let us know if you need any more help.

5. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Hi roadrunner. Welcome to KTOG!

If the spring is not catching inside the extension:

http://1bad69.com/keltec/magext.htm

Then just load it up with six and let it sit overnight a time or two--It will then take seven.

Packer.