Problem with Armalaser for P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Galahad, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Galahad

Galahad New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    My younger brother has a P3AT which he loves dearly.

He just got an Armalaser for it. It was reasonably priced, the contact switch was really cool, all in all he seemed really happy with it.

Then he took it to the range to zero it in. Just as he has it sighted in (about six rounds, pausing to fiddle with the allen wrench each time), it dies on the next shot. He pulls it apart,makes sure the battery is still in firmly, puts it back on, nothing. Fires it once and suddenly it turns on.

Except now it won't turn off, not even with the kill switch at the bottom. He fires it a few more times and it switches off again and won't come back on.

Is this typical of Armalaser products, or did he get a bum unit?
    I was considering getting one for my P11, but now I think not.

Does Armalaser have a good warranty/return policy?

2. brainwayne

brainwayne New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    My Armalaser works like a champ with none of the issues mentioned...did you try a fresh battery?

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
  4. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    No, that is not typical of ArmaLaser. Contact them (954-937-6054), ask for Rick (the owner) he is a great guy and will take care of the problem, believe me! It's a toss up on who has the best customer service Kel-Tec or ArmaLaser - both great!

Bobo

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I had an Armalaser but returned it. It wouldn't hold zero under recoil.

6. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    My Armalaser works fine on my P3AT. Have had it for over a year and am happy with it. Call them.

7. mtheo51

mtheo51 Member

Jul 17, 2005
    I have had mine since 2006...no problems holding zero or w/ intended function....I would try it w/ fresh batteries first (no idea why it won't switch off)...if problem is not resolved...call Armalaser they will take care of it.

8. Galahad

Galahad New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Just an update: My brother called yesterday. They were very surprised that something like that happened, but they're expressing him a new set of guts for his sight along with a return envelope for the damaged set, no questions asked.

He was very impressed. His words: "It's comforting to know that if I become an idiot and explode my gun with a +P round and it takes the sight out with it I can wash my hands, make two phone calls and get everything replaced."

9. KelTroll

KelTroll New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Hello, Galahad's unlucky brother here. Looks like my brother beat me to the punch on posting a comment on my call, but I will comment myself on when I get the unit in (estimated Saturday) and when I get it to the range and put seventy bucks... I mean fifty rounds through my P-3AT, or enough to break this one too. My Thanks to everyone for their help with this issue, as well as to Armalaser for not being like every other customer service experience I have had in my life. I don't mind dealing with foreign companies for tech calls so long as the other end knows more then I do, but it was comforting (though inconvenient for a graveyard worker in WA) to get direct contact with a fellow wirehead in FL much less one who was empowered to take immediate action towards my case.

While I cannot recommend Armalaser products until the second unit proves to not also break after six shots, I can say that they have the best customer service in the industry. I eagerly await my new LAM and not just because I work the late shift at a gas station between a strip-club and a crack house down the block from a bar seen at least five times on COPS.

p.s. I am waiting for the new unit to come in before I remove the old one because it fits in the holster better, and lets face it the AT looks way cooler with a small-block on it. Anyone seen Farscape?

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Got one and have had no problems with my ArmaLaser. Hope, for you, the 2nd time around turns out to be a positive experience.

Take care...

11. KelTroll

KelTroll New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Re: Problem with Armalaser for P3AT UPDATE

This is just a short note to let you know that the LAM did arrive on Saturday like they said it should. The new unit is the same as the old one, went on easily and works. Like the older one I am having some minor issues getting it zeroed in before taking it to the range because of lateral shifting using the vertical adjustment and vice versa but I think I have it dialed in well enough. I plan to take it to the range on Thursday or if I can get the day off Monday. I'll let you all know if it breaks also or if this one wants to keep working.

12. KelTroll

KelTroll New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Victory

Just wanted you all to know the new small block works perfectly. I had a bit of trouble zeroing it in, but I have it set within a half inch of perfect. Went through 50 rounds on it and the unit still works. I can now safely recommend Armalaser to my friends and family. Thanks everyone for your help.