Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new CT laser in today. Looks pretty cool, fits nice, and seems to have good accuracy right out of the box.

I installed the laser, played with it for a minute, then reloaded my p3at, slid it back into uncle mike's pocket holster and into my pocket.

I carried it around with me while I was out running errands, and when I got back home, decided to check it out some more.

I happened to notice how easy it is to activate the laser....you just barely touch the switch and it's on. Cool.

So then I re-holster it and notice that the little switch rests on the holster. I squeezed the pocket holster to see inside, and low and behold, the laser is on! I must have carried it around for almost 3 hours in my pocket, and I'm certian that it was on the whole time.... :( I'm gonna need new batteries way early now.

So who else has run into this problem? I guess I could try to modify my holster so that the button doesn't get touched, but I'd hate to go cutting into uncle mike... I'd really hate to have to go buy a new holster also.

Any creative ideas out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: Problem:  P3AT + CT Laser + UM's Pocket Hoslt

You might try folding some non abrasive spacer material in the bottom (if the bottom is closed), that should keep the laser button away from the holster rim. I did modify my leather belt clip holster (trimmed the area where the button touched). works fine, change batteries every spring, just in case. Jim <><

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Problem:  P3AT + CT Laser + UM's Pocket Hoslt

DiamondJim:

That was exactly the kind of creative idea I was looking for. Why didn't I think of that?

I went ahead and ordered the desantis nemesis holster - but your solution will work until it arrives.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.