Problem:  P3AT + CT Laser + UM's Pocket Hoslt

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by samwathegreat, Feb 25, 2010.

1. samwathegreat

samwathegreat New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    So I just got my new CT laser in today. Looks pretty cool, fits nice, and seems to have good accuracy right out of the box.

I installed the laser, played with it for a minute, then reloaded my p3at, slid it back into uncle mike's pocket holster and into my pocket.

I carried it around with me while I was out running errands, and when I got back home, decided to check it out some more.

I happened to notice how easy it is to activate the laser....you just barely touch the switch and it's on. Cool.

So then I re-holster it and notice that the little switch rests on the holster. I squeezed the pocket holster to see inside, and low and behold, the laser is on! I must have carried it around for almost 3 hours in my pocket, and I'm certian that it was on the whole time.... :( I'm gonna need new batteries way early now.

So who else has run into this problem? I guess I could try to modify my holster so that the button doesn't get touched, but I'd hate to go cutting into uncle mike... I'd really hate to have to go buy a new holster also.

Any creative ideas out there?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Re: Problem:  P3AT + CT Laser + UM's Pocket Hoslt

I solved that problem by making my own, plenty of clearance for the laser button. Took about $5 worth of leather from Hobby Lobby.

Clickety-Pop for BIGGER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole piece of leather cost me $10, I made two holsters from it.

The other one is an IWB for a P239 here.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1245025243

3. Mike630

Mike630 New Member

Feb 5, 2010

I have a CT on my P3AT with an UM's size 1 in the pocket holster. I carry it about 8-10 hrs a day, and have not had any problems.

4. samwathegreat

samwathegreat New Member

Feb 21, 2010

Mine's size 2. Go figure.

5. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008

You might try folding some non abrasive spacer material in the bottom (if the bottom is closed), that should keep the laser button away from the holster rim. I did modify my leather belt clip holster (trimmed the area where the button touched). works fine, change batteries every spring, just in case. Jim <><

6. samwathegreat

samwathegreat New Member

Feb 21, 2010

DiamondJim:

That was exactly the kind of creative idea I was looking for. Why didn't I think of that?

I went ahead and ordered the desantis nemesis holster - but your solution will work until it arrives.

Thanks