Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who uses PPU 71 grain fmj ammo in their gen 2 p32? I just bought some at cabellas and was wondering what to expect. Is this brand a good carry ammo in your p32?

·
Registered
263 Posts
It runs great in my P32. And yes IMHO I think FMJ's are a good EDC ammo for the P32. Some will say the only carry ammo is HP's. Your question will probably create a deluge of people expressing their opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ppu

I did the same thing my first day, and considered selling my P32. I thought the problem was the gun. The range safety took me aside and sent me to the range shack for ammo. Fiocchi FMJ is the only ammo they sell for 32, and it runs 100%. They said after break in my pistol might shoot PPU just fine. For more info, do a search on ammo, ammo recommendations, PPU, or Fiocchi.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
PMW- Will be interested to hear about your results. Have used PPU in 32 S&W Long and .25 ACP and was very satisfied. Couldn't beat it for the price so I hope to hear the same from you about it in .32 71g FMJ

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My p-32 runs flawlessly with s&b fmj's. Saw these and bought a couple of boxes to try. I thought that I read that the ppu's will work in the p-32, but thought I would ask anyway. I do carry my p-32 with the s&b fmj's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Prvi Partizan makes very good ammunition.
I will be surprised if it doesn't run flawlessly.

I shoot PPU 5.56 M193 and 7.62X39 all the time and pleased with them.
There should be no worries about the PPU going bang.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for bringing the old thread up.

Yes, the PPU OALs look longer than most brands.
I especially liked reading about the OAL of the PPU HPs.

I need to get some PPU hollow points and try them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ever since that first 50-pk of Aguila FMJs were used-up, my wife's P32 has shot flawlessly. She's has another 200 rounds fired, using Fiocchi, Magtech and Rem UMCs.

This little Kel-tec has turned into a real sweet shooter. Now the wife needs to zone-in on her 21 feet away, paper target placements.

My daughter shot my LCP recently and really likes it. I may give it to her and buy a Glock 42. I've saved-up around $350 doing odd-jobs for my lady next-door-neighbor and now it's almost time to spend it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have never had a problem with PPU rifle ammuntion.

However, both the PPU JHP and FMJ were nothing but cycling problems in my KelTec P32 today at the range. Spent cases were caught when the slide attempted to close, my face was being hit by burning powder, and the spent cases were entrely blackened.
Ejected casses when they happened were going straight up and landing on the pistol on my head.

I shot some Fiocchi FMJ and it functioned perfectly.

I am sticking with the Fiocchi 71gr FMJ from now on.
I can count on it.

I am shocked about what happened.
I have shot plenty of the PPU 5.56 and 7.62X54 and that ammuntion is stellar.
Not so with 32ACP in my KelTec P32.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Internet is your best M.O. for the stores around here only sell the Remington and I have never seen it cheaper than $24.

I just bought several boxes of Fiocchi for around $12 online. I hate not supporting local area brick stores. But their prices are just too high and offer no optional manufacturer selections, for the 32 ACP.

What's crazy is that I live in a large region nationally. The Detroit Metro Area houses over 10 million people. All the big-name sporting stores are here and plentiful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here regarding ammo prices. I buy in bulk - 500 or 1000 rounds depending on caliber. 32, 380 and 9mm range from 18 - 22 cents per round in bulk for reliable brands with 32 being the more expensive of those rounds. I like to support my local businesses but charging 40 cents or more for 32 is a bit much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.