Posting pics

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by steves1017, Apr 14, 2005.

1. steves1017

steves1017 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Could someone give me the procedure for posting pics, please.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    1) You need an account with a photo hosting site such as www.photobucket.com
    2) Upload your photos to the site
    3) Clink on and copy the URL to a particular photo
    4) In your post, click on the "picture icon"
    5) This will appear:
    6) Place your cursor between the inner brackets and paste in the url.

Tips:
    1) JPEGS seem to work well
    2) You can not link a single picture to multiple posts as the pic in your 1st post will disappear when you link to the same pic twice.
    3) If you want to post a pic in two different threads, or on two different websites, you must upload the pic to you hosting site twice, and link each pic to a different thread.

Hope this helps!

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I've never seen step 5 anywhere before. Could that be why in the past I haven't been able to get some pictures small enough?

4. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I meant steps 5 & 6

5. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't know Mike, how you could post a pic without the code enclosing the url to your pic. You don't actually have to use the picture button. You can just type the code in yourself.

Like This:

[​IMG]

6. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Yea, I think that's how I did it before. But I've had trouble getting some pics sized down the same as others. Didn't know what I was doing wrong. I'm not much of a computer person

7. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Before you upload them, save them in "my pictures" or where ever. Edit them for size there. With the picture file open, click edit at the top of the screen and play around with the options.