Poster Location

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by CB3, Jan 8, 2006.

1. CB3

CB3 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    In my profile I have designated Utah as my location. It used to show up under my board name on each of my posts. It does not any longer. There does not appear to be an option for me to make this appear again.

Any advice?

CB3

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't think this yabb software has ever given us the "poster location" option so you may be remembering the old board. Also the KTRange has that feature so you may be thinking of that.

Funny but I've been thinking myself that would be a nice feature. Aside from the practicality during sales and stuff, it's interesting to know where all these people are. On the KTRange, the feature is someting that the user controls by whatever they choose to enter (Mars, etc), so it doesn't really relieve anyone of their privacy. I've noted that some other boards also have this feature.

You do have an option though. Under profile, just above "personalized picture" (avatar), is "personalized text". Looking at my posts, you'll see listed the Kel-tecs that I own. One could put their location there.

Anyway, I like the idea of seeing where people are. I'm not sure if this is something Ray could add or not. I must say that I'm extremely pleased with his recent additions of "Last Post" and the navigation links at the bottom of each page. Speaking of those nav links, one other place they could be put is at the bottom of each main page, i.e. P11. They are currently at the bottom of every thread, but not the main forum pages.

Sorry for getting off tract with that last paragraph but I thought it was as good a place as any since I'll point Ray to this thread regarding poster location anyway.

3. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    <-
    |
    \
    Right there? :)

4. CB3

CB3 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Looks great--Thanks.

CB3