Post Too Long

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by CB3, Sep 19, 2005.

1. CB3

CB3 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I just wrote a fairly detailed history of the P-40 in reply to a question in the P-11/40 forum. Hit "post" and got the error message, "Post too long. Go back and shorten it." Went back to divide it into two posts, and my efforts had disappeared.

What is too long a post? Why the restriction?

:'( :-/ :-[ :p ??? :eek: :( >:(

CB3

2. SuperFlyer

SuperFlyer New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Just saw this thread.
    Great - AlbertD telling Chan Bates how to post on a gun forum.
    Chan, when I post a long one (fairly often), I open a new browser window when ready to post. Then, copy your text into the new window and post. If it's too long, just add another post with the remaining text, still in place in your original window.
    Flyer

3. AlbertD

AlbertD Banned

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, apparently this "Chan Bates" evidently DID have problems and lost his doozie of a post, eh?

4. SuperFlyer

SuperFlyer New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Chandler Bates is one of the founders of the original Ktog and one of the few legends still around (I believe Alamo is the only other founder still actively posting).
    You might find that your statement about his "doozie of a post" might get you into just a tetch of hot water.
    Flyer

5. AlbertD

AlbertD Banned

Jul 26, 2005
    "Doozie, or, doozy" can be used in a good way...look it up...or google it, Flyer. CB3's post was well written and informative concerning the history of the P40, but it was long and even he admitted to losing it the first time.

Hence, the obvious mechanics of "posting problems" and the need to use a clipboard type utility for any long posts written here. Good advice for all...

It WAS a "doozie/doozy" of a post in reference to excellent content AND size. Can't see getting into a "tetch of hot water" over that...
    -AlbertD