Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I broke in my new P3AT today and didnt have a single problem however when I was cleaning it tonight I noticed a gouge on the inside of the slide. Has anyone seen this before and is it something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
if that gouge is where the rim is against...yes  :(

However a gouge at the rim should have caused extraction problems

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats sucks....well out of 275 rounds today I didnt get a single FTE but if this is going to be my primary cc I dont want to take any chances....

I dont suppose Kel-tec will replace slides w/o shipping the gun to them....

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
have you checked to see if the extractor will hold an installed live round while turning the slide around

·
Registered
96 Posts
They will probably only want you to send them the slide. They know what a PITA it is for a private individual to ship a pistol and only require it when it's really necessary.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If it ain't broke then don't fix it. ;) No malfunctions = no problem. Does the mysterious gouge produce any sharp edges or burrs? If so polish them out and feed the beast another 100 rds if you can. If its still good then you're good to go.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Emack76 said:
If it ain't broke then don't fix it.   ;)  No malfunctions = no problem.  Does the mysterious gouge produce any sharp edges or burrs?  If so polish them out and feed the beast another 100 rds if you can.  If its still good then you're good to go.
It's his carry gun.

Contact Kel-tec and send the slide in to them per their instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts