Possible P3-AT magazines

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by xjetjock, Dec 9, 2007.

1. xjetjock

xjetjock New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Have recently completed TX concealed carry course and applied for permit. Have looked at a # of small pocket guns and after "mostly deciding" on the P3-AT as the right one- I found this group and am excited about having all this expertice at my fingertips! I have spent a few hours reading a lot of posts, but still have one question (so far).
    I am concerned about the small grip and have looked at the various extensions and read about the 1 round extension, however I also understand that Bersa .380 magazines will work in the Kel-Tec. I have found no reference here to the Bersa Thunder .380 9 round magazine and am wondering if it will work in the P3-AT? In case you are not aware of such- check out this link:
    http://www.jocoemprise.com/mm5/merc...amp;Product_Code=BR38079&Category_Code=BR
    It looks to me that if this will work it will fit my hand better, plus give the additional rounds in the pistol (at an increase in size and weight). Looking to purchase the P3-AT if I can solve the grip problem.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    The Bersa magazine finger extension will work on a P3AT magazine. Bersa magazines will not work in a P3AT.

3. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    when you start extending, you make it harder to get out of your pocket...the pinkey extension gives a control to pull it out...i reserve the +1 mag for backup in my glove box...just my 2 cents....gpr

4. xjetjock

xjetjock New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    WOW! Was that a rapid response! Thanks for that info- so I guess I am restricted to the KelTec 1 round extension magazine. Question- can you install the Bersa finger extension onto the KelTec 1 round magazine?

5. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    There is no +1 extension that is also curved like the finger extensions, so you can't get the best of both worlds. In short, you either use the +1 extension that is straight-ish, or you use a finger extension (the Bersa, Scherer, or NAA) and don't get an extra round of capacity.

6. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I front pocket carry and had the +1 on for about 2 months. Worked as advertised but I also found that it slowed my draw b/c it got hung on my pocket.

7. kubmiester

kubmiester New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Kel Tec now sells a magizine grip extension that fit both the P3AT and P-32. Here's the link:

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=72

I'm currently using the Basera extension on my P3AT. It helps a lot for keeping my finger on the grip. Without it my finger starts to rotate off the grip from the .380's recoil. Which ever one you use, it helps with control.

I tried the one round extension on my P-32, but it didn't help keep my finger on the grip and it seemed a bit flimsy. My P-32 mags now have NAA mag extensions on them.

8. xjetjock

xjetjock New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    :D
    Thanks for all the responses! They are very helpful.
    The extension on the 9 round mag looks a bit much but think I will wait and see how it shoots and goes in and out of my pocket.
    Thanks again