Possible P-3AT purchase

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by MiamiE, Apr 20, 2011.

1. MiamiE

MiamiE New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    A friend of mine has an unfired P3AT he wants to unload. Comes with pocket holster, and 20 rounds of defense ammo. Purchased July 2010. The slide is showing slight rust, and the end is worn from holster wear. Again never fired. He wants $150 for everything. Worth it?

2. rdemilt

rdemilt New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Sounds fair based on what I have seen in the LGS. Last weeked I looked at a hard chrome/ Green model and they wanted $225.00 for it, I was considering it until I notice a flaw in the frame I did not care for. If someone offered that deal I would take them up on it.

3. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    carried but never fired?!

4. Elder51

Elder51 New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Box & Paperwork?
    Any other sign of lack of due care of pistol... RUST on slide :'(
    Barrel clean?
    If lack of care is not much worse than that.... Good price I'd say... But right to my Smith for a GOOD cleaning ;)

5. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    At $150 I'd be all over it. :cool:

6. MiamiE

MiamiE New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Weird I know, but it's not me carrying!

7. MiamiE

MiamiE New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Everything is clean. Never been fired before, just some slight rust on the slide. More than likely from sweat while carrying.

8. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Thats a pretty good deal, I wouldn't think twice and I already have a P3at and a P32. ;)

As far as cleaning a quick field strip, cleaning and lube acording to GL's guide should be plenty. No way would I waste the money on taking it to a smith. The rust might come off with some very five steel wool and oil. Give it about 200 rounds to break in and try your JHP of choice.

CJ

9. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    I bought a new one online. Before I could even pick it up, A friend offered his that was sitting at the bottom of his safe for $150. Now I own 2.

If you don't do the deal, I will ;)

10. MiamiE

MiamiE New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks for the advice guys. I may go shoot it this weekend a bit then send it out to GL for a tuneup!

11. nmusti63

nmusti63 New Member

Apr 1, 2011
    The P3AT is on my shopping list. If I found one for $150, I'd jump on that deal, everything I've been running across online has been closer to $200+ used.

Enjoy!

12. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i would be all over this.

13. CavMedic

CavMedic New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hey MiamiE, I am assuming you are from Miami, Fl? If you are then I would jump all over that. You cant get a p3at down here for less than 300 brand new. I got mine for 310 out the door. More expensive than most places but we have to deal with what we have to deal with, where we are....

14. mike_kitterman

mike_kitterman New Member

May 7, 2010
    I'd love to find an unfired one for $150. A little rust on the slide would be a good excuse to send it out for a $35 nickel plating.