Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
The benefit of a concealable pocket pistol ;) much better than the 9mm or 45 left at home or in the car!

G

·
THE_HUNTER said:
I love happy endings! :)

but don't u just love that stupid bi--h maura carabello statement in that article.  "best possable outcome but not always the norm,  She is right, had the guy not had a gun on him, he would have been shot or killed by some other means and still had his vehicle stolen. He may have never fired the weapon in his life, hell he might have just bought it even, but the BG didn't know it and sure wasn't prepared to have a gun pulled on him.  How many people are actually "experienced" at handling a BG situation anyway.  You can like we do practice for it, but you have to live it to know the"true outcome" of the situation, Screw these liberals, pepper spray to them is something they spray on their chili. They just dont have a clue to real life but want to push their views off on us ::)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KSL changed the story from positive at 6 PM to possibly negative at 10 PM reports and on their website!

6PM
Mike Taylor, Concealed Weapon Carrier: "The police have their hands full with everything and I don't think they could be every place at once."

When Mike Taylor was threatened by a carjacker, he turned the tables on him. He says the situation could have been very different if he had not had a concealed weapon permit.

Steven Beckstead, NRA Master Training Counsel: "A victim is somebody who has no options. A fire arm gives you an option to protect your life."

Call this the latest exhibit in the contentious debate over concealed weapons. Many people say the guns just make bad situations worse, but today was hardly a worst case scenario.

Mike Taylor was getting a few things done before work this morning. In his back pocket was a concealed weapon, but the man who threatened Taylor didn't know that.

Mike Taylor: "It's a small gun."

This morning it saved Mike Taylor's life.

Mike Taylor: "I just came down to get my hair cut this morning."

As he was leaving the building, a guy would not stop asking him for a ride.

Mike Taylor: "When I refused to give him a ride he told me he was going to take my car."

Taylor continued to his car, going for his cell phone to call 9-111.

Mike Taylor: "Finally he told me he was going to kill me and take my car for himself. At that point I felt like he was going to kill me and I feared for my life so I drew my firearm and called police."

Detective Joe Cyr, SLCPD: "He did the right thing."

Salt Lake City police say this is a perfect example of why Utah law allows citizens to carry concealed weapons.

Detective Joe Cyr, SLCPD: "He had the weapon, and permit for this very reason, to protect himself. This is one of those good stories."

The gun community likes this story too.

Steven Beckstead, NRA Master Training Counsel: "Some people choose to carry a gun, we have that right to do so."

Steven Beckstead teaches the class you have to take to carry a concealed weapon in Utah. By law, if your life is threatened, like Taylor's was, you have the right to protect yourself with a gun, like Taylor did. Beckstead says it's actually making Utah safer.

Steven Beckstead, NRA Master Training Counsel: "In many states, including Utah where concealed permit is allowed, violent crimes have gone down significantly."

Fortunately it never got too violent with Taylor because once he pulled out his gun the suspect took off and Taylor was unharmed. That is exactly why Taylor got his concealed weapons permit six years ago.

Mike Taylor: "I decided I need to carry a gun for my protection these days."

To carry a concealed weapon in Utah, you have to be over 21 years old, pass a background check, complete a class, and apply for the permit.

Police have not caught the man who threatened Taylor.

10PM
A Salt Lake City man says his gun saved his life today when a man threatened to take his car. It's a story that adds fuel to the debate over Utah's concealed weapons law.

The suspect in this case has not been caught-yet. It's probably fair to say he'll think twice before ever threatening to steal someone's car again.

Even when running errands, just like he was doing this morning, Mike Taylor is on guard.
Mike Taylor, Concealed Weapon Carrier: "The police have their hands full with everything and I don't think they could be every place at once."

So Taylor was ready when, he says, a man threatened to steal his car.

Mike Taylor: "Finally he told me he was going to kill me and take my car for himself. At that point I felt like he was going to kill me and I feared for my life so I drew my firearm and called police."

He never fired a shot. Clark Aposhian, Bureau of Criminal Identification Chairman says that is what usually happens.

Clark Aposhian, Chairman BCI Board: "We have not seen any type of pattern of abuse or escalation of these types of robberies. We haven't seen blood in the street that a lot of my adversaries or detractors would talk about."

Maura Carabello, with the Gun Violence Prevention Center, believes Utah's permit laws are lax.

Maura Carabello, Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah: "They could injure themselves, often not well equipped psychologically; they often don't know how to shoot or handle a weapon with proficiency."

She says what happened to Taylor is the best possible outcome, but not always the norm.

Maura Carabello: "My reaction in general, though, is we are lucky. We are lucky the permit holder is safe."

Taylor says he has carried the permit for six years; he didn't think he'd need to use it this morning.

Mike Taylor: "I just came down to get my hair cut this morning."

As you can see the 10 PM piece got anti with the woman from the Gun Violence Prevention Center spouting her garbage.
JR

G

·
jacktripper. u missed my earlier post MAURA CARBELLO is a c--t, No one would kidnap her anyway, uglier than a mud hen. She has no worries. Nice people do what they have to do to protect themselves and their family. Some choose to defend themselves in any manner they choose, , some might just hand over the keys to their mercedes and call it a day. ::)

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
A bit off topic, but not ALL liberals are anti gun. I consider myself a liberal AND a "Gun Nut". I carry 24/7 (with permit). Personal protection does not have much to do with politics in my case.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I agree bad guys don't ask for your political affiliations before they turn you over BUT what do you do when the party you support starts stripping your rights away... wasn't the Klinton AWB enough of an indicator?

I'm sure the majority of the liberal lead players in your party of choice, if they could, would take both your permit and firearms away from you if they knew they could get away with it without being spanked next time out at the polls. I should know I live in Kalibanistanifornia... uber-safe liberal gun banning haven.

Anyway...

Maura Carabello, Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah: "They could injure themselves... they often don't know how to shoot or handle a weapon with proficiency."
Hmmm, yes the training has a tendancy to do that. ::)

·
Registered
94 Posts
hahah ahhh the hypocrisy....

but lets see if the situation was different and someone did shoot a BG... if they trained to be more proficient "they were training and looking for a time to use their weapon :-/!!!" is how the story would be penned and the CCW holder would be the bad guy just looking to blast some poor innocent criminal who only wanted their car... its a bunch of BS Maura needs to go home and continue on in her life oblivious to the realities of life and unprepared for anything

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Maybe, but comparing it to his hands (unless they are giant) and pocket seam, my guess is P3. Also, not too many people would carry a P11 in a back pocket holster. However, anything is possible. :-/

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
I've done it before. No P3 that I've ever seen has a thin metal mag bottom like that, and the rear curvature of the grip matches the P-11.

Or it could be some other brand of gun that I just don't recognize.

Sure looks like they pixeled out the KT logo though.

Packer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.