Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure someone has tried this before...

Handy little case, free with the gun.

Open it up, for lots of fun.

Stick it in my left pocket and it disappears.

The only disadvantage is that it isn't easy to draw quickly when zippered, but I can unobtrusively unzip it and put my hand on the grip when circumstances warrant it.

I have carried daily this way for more than a year, and it has worked so well that I haven't felt the need to get a "real" holster.

Has anybody else carried like this?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I'm surprised no one has responded to this yet. I would say that it is probably not a good carry method. If you were ever to get into a high-stress situation like you would be in if you ever actually needed your pistol, the loss of motor control would make opening the bag much more difficult than doing so under normal conditions. You'd probably fumble with it, perhaps drop it, or at least drop the spare mag out of it. I've transported my P-32 in the bag like that and I drop the spare mag constantly when I open the bag, and that's without a pressing need for the gun. If you're going to pocket carry, at least get a Desantis holster, which are not very expensive. Not as cheap as the bag that came with the pistol, but to use a beat-to-death cliche, how much is your life worth?

http://www.desantisholster.com/leather-nylon-pocket-holsters.html

·
Registered
898 Posts
I could maybe see it as a method of carry at a work where you'd be fired if you got made. Even then there are pocket holsters with flat panels that would serve nearly as well for non-print concealment and yet allow much better/faster access to your gun should it be needed.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
In the past others have mentioned carrying in the pocket using the zipper pouch. I tried it for a while but it just felt to bulky for me, and the draw was slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.