Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more aimed at those who own both, or have owned both generations of the P3AT pistol.

If you were going to buy a P3AT tomorrow, without cost being a factor and say both pistols are basicly new in the box, both are the same color grip and finish on the slide. Given the option of your choice of either one: a first generation or a second generation, which one would you choose and why?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I thought about that, but I am afraid it would really sway the info I am looking for. I'm really trying to find out from those who have used or owned both which they preferred. Is the 1st gen better for pocket carry due to the sloped slides? Is the 2nd gen better due to the upgraded parts? Does the extra mass of the 2nd gen slide help the reliabilty of cycling? I'm hoping those with the experience could shed some light for me.

I have basically given up on the HC, instead opting to go the nickle plated route on a blued slide. Right now I could buy either generation in the grip color I want for pretty much the same price. Just trying to decide which is the better route! (dang this kel-tec thing sure has turned into a big ordeal for me for such a small pistol lol) Personally I like the looks of the slope sided slide better as well as the looks of a traditional style extractor. I am trying to figure out if other then asthetics there is a significant reason to choose one over the other. (I hate decisions!)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:-[

Well I was hoping people would read in the post that I was looking for opinions from those who have or own both. I tried to edit my poll options but get an error saying I am not allowed to do so..

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
While I find the 1st gen pistols more astetically pleasing, overall, I think the 2nd gen guns have better reliability.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
While I don't own a 1G it's not for lack of trying.  The more compact package & lighter weight outweigh the extra effort that MAY be needed to get it running reliably.  IMO YMMV

In fact, I'd trade my rock solid 2G for a problimatical 1G in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.