Poll: Which generation of P3AT would YOU buy?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JimBob, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    This is more aimed at those who own both, or have owned both generations of the P3AT pistol.

If you were going to buy a P3AT tomorrow, without cost being a factor and say both pistols are basicly new in the box, both are the same color grip and finish on the slide. Given the option of your choice of either one: a first generation or a second generation, which one would you choose and why?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You need to add a choice: either one, no preference.  they are both good and both taken care of by KT.

-Scott

3. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Well I thought about that, but I am afraid it would really sway the info I am looking for. I'm really trying to find out from those who have used or owned both which they preferred. Is the 1st gen better for pocket carry due to the sloped slides? Is the 2nd gen better due to the upgraded parts? Does the extra mass of the 2nd gen slide help the reliabilty of cycling? I'm hoping those with the experience could shed some light for me.

I have basically given up on the HC, instead opting to go the nickle plated route on a blued slide. Right now I could buy either generation in the grip color I want for pretty much the same price. Just trying to decide which is the better route! (dang this kel-tec thing sure has turned into a big ordeal for me for such a small pistol lol) Personally I like the looks of the slope sided slide better as well as the looks of a traditional style extractor. I am trying to figure out if other then asthetics there is a significant reason to choose one over the other. (I hate decisions!)

4. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Your poll is going to be swayed by people who don't own both.

You could add a choice: "I haven't owned both versions."

5. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    :-[

Well I was hoping people would read in the post that I was looking for opinions from those who have or own both. I tried to edit my poll options but get an error saying I am not allowed to do so..

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I already own a second generation, so I'd go for a first... of course, that doesn't really help you :-/

7. jerry

jerry New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    i would but either actualy.but i did buy a 2g so thats what i choose :)
    i did try to mark both

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    While I find the 1st gen pistols more astetically pleasing, overall, I think the 2nd gen guns have better reliability.

9. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    While I don't own a 1G it's not for lack of trying.  The more compact package & lighter weight outweigh the extra effort that MAY be needed to get it running reliably.  IMO YMMV

In fact, I'd trade my rock solid 2G for a problimatical 1G in a heartbeat.

10. OneBulletDan

OneBulletDan New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    I bought a 1st gen; big brother liked it so well he bought one; best friend Bob bought a 2nd gen. None of us have ever had a problem with either. I prefer the sights on the 1st gen.

11. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

Never could get my 1st gen. to be reliable. My 2nd is. So--I voted for the 2nd gen.