polish worn slide on blued p3at...anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by muscles, May 3, 2008.

1. muscles

muscles New Member

May 25, 2005
    i know it sounds like a bad idea, so i wanted to see if anyone else had done it.

i have an older blued p3at and the slide is really worn. i will eventually send it off to be nickel plated or chromed. i was thinking about getting the dremel and flitz out and polishing the exterior of the slide. :eek:

any thoughts?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Re: polish worn slide on blued p3at...anyone tried

It has been done. Actually they look pretty nice. Wilson had one like that. I think he kept it lubed and really had no issues with it. If you are going to have it refinished, it won't hurt anything. You might consider a slight melt, while you're at it. :-/

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/slidemelt.htm

3. muscles

muscles New Member

May 25, 2005
    Re: polish worn slide on blued p3at...anyone tried

thank you...good to know.

anybody have pics before i take the plunge?

4. Re: polish worn slide on blued p3at...anyone tried

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plunge in! The water is fine!

But...Be ware that some folks have reported trouble with rust developing on new BLUED slides. Not sure if body chemistry, evironment, or what.. but if some have trouble with blued... you may have trouble with naked.

I stripped mine in anticipation of giving it a DURA COTE finish, then the slide started peening BAD:

[​IMG]

I bought a new slide from KT with the idea that I would swap this one for a new one, get another barell, and then port it out......but I have since gotten side tracked with other shiny toys. The slide pictured is now wrapped in oil soaked paper.

I suppose I need to send it to KT for a swap.