Point of Impact?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by downhill, Jul 7, 2008.

1. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Guys,
    I was wondering how close to dead on your sights are? I'm just trying to get a general idea. Are you 1" high and 1" right or what? 4" low and 2" left? Dead on? Lets say at 7 yards. Thanks for humoring me :)

David

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sights....I didn't realize there were sights ;D

point shooting works good enough to get the body of a copperhead at 3 paces

3. bpd371

bpd371 New Member

Jun 27, 2008
    umm....I can keep it inside the middle of that little black silhouette at 15+ yds....does that help??

4. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    My sites were pretty dead on at that distance if you can keep the pistol steady enough. I suppose a rest would provide more accurate (tighter groups) results though.

5. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Old eyes and very marginal sights led to use of an Armalaser. At 7 yards it hits about 1 inch over the laser dot. With this zero it is accurate out to 50 ft. which is as far as I have shot it. I'm a big believer in lasers.

6. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
    This is the first target shot with my P-3AT.  I gave it a pretty thorough F&B and painted the front sight prior to shooting.

Target was 7-8 yards and shots were fired about half 2 handed and half 1 handed at a rate of 1 shot per second for each magazine full.  Three different kinds of ammo.  Not one hickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Sights....I didn't realize there were sights ;D
    point shooting works good enough to get the body of a copperhead at 3 paces
    [/quote]
    I'm not sure mine came with sights either, that's why I got a CT laser.
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/toobmonkey/p3atlg430_1.jpg

8. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Mine is off to the right consistently. 7 yards bench rested will put the group over near the 7 ring.

9. +1 Fatman

[​IMG]

That is a quarter nestled in the group produced at 21 feet with my CTC equiped 3AT.

10. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    +1 Fatman

[​IMG]

That is a quarter nestled in the group produced at 21 feet with my CTC equiped 3AT.
    [/quote]

Is your (tight like a tiger) group from a rest or off hand? Austin Powers humor anyone:)

11. No rest- two hands.....both eyes on the red dot on the black dot. The focus is one trigger control.

12. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Slow squeeze and mid breath hold will result in bullseye. I've even nailed dead center when coming from pointing towards floor going for a double tap, this beening the first round center with second pie plate out but still on target. The range master and I are very impressed with the p3at ;D or the shooter.

13. msrdiver1

msrdiver1 New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    I can not brag like the other posters but I'll give you my experience. Remington FMJ green/white boxes shot about 1" higher than Winchester WB ammo. This was at the 7 yard line.

14. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Mine is grouping about 3/4" right and about 1 1/2" high with Remington ball ammo. It seems a lot of the groupings are to the right. I wnder if it could be from squeezing through the shot?

15. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    When I first purchsed mine it was about 4" right and about 6" low from sights. I added armalaser and dialed it in to near perfect 2" to 3" groupings. I've been real happy. :)

16. Forge

Forge New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I can't wait to see how the one that I'm looking at buying will shoot.