Pocket pistol search

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jgower, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jgower

jgower New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Well I went to the local gun shop today and inspected the p3at, lcp and taurus tcp. The only difference I could find between the p3at and the lcp was the finish and the price. For $50 less the p3at wins. Now the taurus on the other hand was very nice and comes with 2 magazines for $40 more than the p3at, but the trigger is way too light for a defense gun imo and is .100 thicker than the p3at. On top of that the tcp has not developed a track record yet, so that said I think the p3at is probably the best choice for me. Plus I have a p11 that has been flawless since day one and that gives me confidence in kel-tec products. What do you guys think, opinions?

jag

2. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    IMHO you just can't beat the "BANG" for the buck ;D that the P-3AT gives you.
    I just got my 2nd P3AT yesterday. My wife took my first one because she was very comfortable and confident firing it.

3. claymont

claymont New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I looked at both the taurus and keltec befor deciding on the keltec. the taurus just didnt feel as good in my hand, and th ekeltec looks better. Didnt even concider the LCP why pay more money for a gun that ruger ripped off. Go with the Keltec it wont let you down

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    After I got my first Blued/Black P3AT running 100% I liked it so much I bought a second P3AT in HC/Gray. I've got cushion pads, grip sleeve, mag. extension and metal mag. catch on the HC/Gray - which is my carry P3AT. I love the gun, its looks, size, weight and how it shoots. All I would want more is a slide catch and .......... 9mm without changing anything else about the gun :)

Take care...

5. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Quick question about the taurus, does it have lock back when empty?

6. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
  7. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Having fooled around with all three of these pistols I did notice a few things about the Taurus PT-738 in comparson to P3AT the not mentioned. The slide and disassemby pin on the ones I've seen so far are stainless steel, the PT-738 has a full slide hold open with external lever, and a cell phone holder look a like holster. The P3AT's simplicity is its big selling point to me. The PT-738 also weighs a couple of ounces more.

I'm impressed by the PT-738 though, its still light and doesn't have the snap of the P3AT's recoil, stainless steel construction also means less worries about corrosion. The P3AT to get comparable corrosion resistance has to go to a chrome finish, and then it loses most of its price advantage. I think that either the P3AT or the PT-738 are better than the Ruger LCP though.

Best Regards