Pocket hoster problem

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by torrent, Oct 20, 2008.

1. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    So my new job has me wearing slacks with a shirt and tie so the p3at has to go in my pocket now since, being the genious I am, I didn't buy a tuckable holster for it. I like pocket carry and all except my Uncle Mikes holster likes to come out with I draw the gun. Aparently slacks and Levis are different that way. What do you guys do to solve this problem? Before anybody says anything I'm not going to just stick the gun in my pocket with the trigger left uncovered. Any ideas?

2. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I would say spring for a good tuckable holster. that or modify the pocket holster you have (probably the same on I have) someway that it won't pull out with the gun. I find myself carrying mine in my back pocket more than my front and it doesn't pull out as bad.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I really like K&D's bifold wallet pannel for the defender holster.  while the leather over leather seems a little thick at first, the comfort and concealment with dress slacks is great.    
    before the K&D arrived, I used UMs, but I trimed a credit card so it would fit snug in the bottom of the holster. the reason at first was to get a more square print, but I recall it held the hoster in during draw(actually made it hard to pull holstered gun out)

4. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I use the Desantis Nemesis for my P3AT, and love it. Great footprint, and it stays put in my pocket when I draw the weapon. I wear slacks during the week, and shorts or Levi's on the weekend, and no matter how loose or tight the pockets are, the textured surface grips the inside of the pocket and stays put.

5. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    It will add a little bit of bulk (but not much) to the holster but you can sew or glue a pre-cut to size, cheap and thin foam mouse pad with the bottom portion facing out, to the holster. That adds enough grab to the holster to keep it in place

6. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Have you tried carrying it with the belt clip?
    My work clothes is the same I carry mine with the belt clip, I cover the clip with my cellphone and blouse my shirt over it and so far no one at work notices that I carry all day.

7. papajo48

papajo48 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    New Guy here. Do you use the Beltclip in front or small of the back?

8. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Many believe that the belt clip alone is unsafe. Others do not. Before you decide one way or the other do a bit of searching around here for threads and heated discussions on it. A good search phrase is to look for posts by me (adamsesq) that contain "soapbox.gif" as this happens to be one of my (very few) [​IMG] issues.

-Scott

9. Ahemmm.......excuse me Mr. adamsesq sir.....but some of us here have been talking.....and uhmmm......well we all agree you have more than "a few" issues!

10. chihuahuatn

chihuahuatn New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I wear slacks and khakis and a bowtie 90% of the year, hey my profession demands it. Don't fret depending on pants style I rotate btw two holsters, 1) the DeSantis "Nemesis" http://www.desantisholster.com/n38.html and 2) the DeSantis "Super Fly" http://www.desantisholster.com/m44.html

The key is I place my kel-tec in the back pocket it lends it's self well there.

I use the +1 extension on my P3AT and I have no issues, just my .02,
    Mike

11. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Ahemmm.......excuse me Mr. adamsesq sir.....but some of us here have been talking.....and uhmmm......well we all agree you have more than "a few" issues!
    [/quote]

Ummm, I didn't say I have very few issues.

I said I have very few [​IMG] issues...

BIG DIFFERENCE ;D ;D

-Scott

12. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Ahemmm.......excuse me Mr. adamsesq sir.....but some of us here have been talking.....and uhmmm......well we all agree you have more than "a few" issues!
    [/quote]

You beat me to it NAS ;D

13. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i use the uncle mikes and i don't have a problem with the holster coming out with the gun. no matter the type of pants. but i back pocket carry and i also have the belt clip on the gun. don't know if that has something to do with it. i use the uncle mikes pocket hoster for the small auto. i think it is size zero. it is not the one they say is for the p3at. now for the belt clip. it is the best. i never had a problem with the belt clip. i like it so much i even got one for my p11. but the p11 has turned into a safe gun.

14. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I used on my side or fron i am not a fan of sob.

15. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

Torrent, I have been using the Elite Survival Systems pocket holster for a few years now with great results.

The Elite holster covers the trigger, has a smooth silky inner lining to baby the gun's finish and facilitate easy drawing, and sports a tacky rubber-like outside that grips the inside of the pant pocket to keep the holster in place during a draw.

They are also priced right at around $13.  :cool:

This guy was selling them in the KTOG Trading Post at one time. http://www.EliteTacticalSupply.com

[​IMG]

16. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have kind of a unique fix for this problem. It also cures the whole gun flipping over onto it's side in the larger pockets problem. Turn the pants inside out and put the gun and holster in the pocket. Locate it exactly where you want it and safety clip a perimeter around the gun/holster. Turn the pants inside right and try them on. Repeat and make adjustments until you get it right where you want it. Bust out the old lady's sewing machine and sew a line where the safety pins are and then pull them out. I even made a second little pouch next to the gun if I have room for a second mag. It works great!!!

I like my P3AT to be just below the entrance to the pocket so that the back of the grip is almost flush with the front pocket material. This sewing method makes it so that I also get this elevation I want despite how deep the pocket actually is.

17. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I am a big fan of the Desantis Nemesis which I use with my P3AT with Armalaser as a pocket carry in my front pocket. Just bought online a new pocket holster from Concealment concepts for my PF-9 because Desantis doesn't offer one for the gun plus Armalaser. (One will be available from Armalaser about Thanksgiving...I couldn't wait)
    Another KTOG member had this link, and I bought one. http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/pocket_holster.html ($10.00)
    They also have a terrific leather back pocket holster for the P3AT. They call it a wallet holster cause that's what it looks like in your back pocket. http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/Wallet_holster.html (21.95)
    I like carrying the P3 in my front pocket, but am thinking about this one for back pocket carry. Nice thing about all their holsters is that they offer models in their holsters for the Kel Tecs with or without the Armalaser.