Pocket Holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by wagionak, Dec 26, 2010.

1. wagionak

wagionak New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I carry my P3AT in a Galco pocket holster but it prints to much like a gun what other holsters are out there that work better. I know wallet holsters that you can shoot from are not OK with ATF but as long as the trigger is covered it is OK right? So does anyone make a pocket holster that looks more like a wallet or prints less in front pocket? Anyone found a good pocket holster for cargo pocket?

2. eccoboot

eccoboot New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    i have 9 pocket holsters, but find myself usins the NEMESIS, 90 per cent of the time, if this helps u...../ft pocket levis, no print, also use one for my pf9...

3. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Uncle Mike's No 2. Front pocket of jeans, shorts, or jacket pocket. I placed a small block in the bottom of the holster to raise the gun up for a better feeling draw.

Life is short, be happy.

4. Guambodian

Guambodian New Member

Dec 1, 2009
  5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Wallet holsters that disguise the gun ARE OK with the ATF as long as you pay the tax and register them as an AOW, check your local concealed carry laws though.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html#wallet-holsters
    [​IMG]

This guy makes a wallet "holster" that he says is NOT an AOW, probably because it doesn't cover the slide so it doesn't do a very good of of disguising the gun.
    http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm
    [​IMG]

6. VectorFL

VectorFL New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I also use an Uncle Mike's No.2. Disguises nice in the front of my jeans.
    Thanks for the tip JR37. I've never been totally pleased with the draw from this holster. There is a slight snag, which tends to want to drag the holster out with the gun. I've incorporated your idea, and has improved my draw 100%.    

7. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
  8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I've been carrying my P3AT in the regular holster for two year. It's convertible but works well in a front pocket with the removable shield still in place. Unlike many pocket holsters, the shield on this holster is very thick and very stiff. It resists deformation excellently. Over timed the edges pull in toward your backside making it look even more like a real wallet in your pocket.

Notice the mag in the photo. When in my back pocket, a regular mag rides just under the grip of the gun making a great way to have a loaded spare mag at your fingertips.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    P.S.   I made my own P3AT pocket holster that accommodates the CTC laser sight out of a piece of leather I got for $5 from Hobby Lobby.

Clickity Pop pictures for BIGGER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually, I made two holsters out of that leather. The other one was for a P239.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    There is a good how to on making a pocket holster here on KTOG;

http://www.ktog.org/pocketholster.htm

I made one a few years back. It worked fine. Only trouble I had was using too soft of leather.
    It wore out rather fast.

[​IMG]

My 2n1 holster from K&D Holsters is going on 4 years of daily use and is holding up well.
    [​IMG]

11. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
  12. 03psd

03psd New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I use the Desantis Nemesis without any issues. Cheap, effective and easy.

13. cbrant_2000

cbrant_2000 New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    I'm running a p3at with an amalaser and the little pocket holster that came with it,a DeSantis NEMESIS.

The DON HUME they have listed on their website seems really nice.

14. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I use a KNJ pocket holster. Absolutely the thinnest, flattest out there I'm sure. It covers the trigger and triggerguard just fine though.