Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry my P3AT in a Galco pocket holster but it prints to much like a gun what other holsters are out there that work better. I know wallet holsters that you can shoot from are not OK with ATF but as long as the trigger is covered it is OK right? So does anyone make a pocket holster that looks more like a wallet or prints less in front pocket? Anyone found a good pocket holster for cargo pocket?

·
Registered
238 Posts
i have 9 pocket holsters, but find myself usins the NEMESIS, 90 per cent of the time, if this helps u...../ft pocket levis, no print, also use one for my pf9...

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Uncle Mike's No 2. Front pocket of jeans, shorts, or jacket pocket. I placed a small block in the bottom of the holster to raise the gun up for a better feeling draw.

Life is short, be happy.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
wagionak said:
...  I know wallet holsters that you can shoot from are not OK with ATF  but as long as the trigger is covered it is OK right? ...
Wallet holsters that disguise the gun ARE OK with the ATF as long as you pay the tax and register them as an AOW, check your local concealed carry laws though.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html#wallet-holsters

This guy makes a wallet "holster" that he says is NOT an AOW, probably because it doesn't cover the slide so it doesn't do a very good of of disguising the gun.
http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm

·
Registered
37 Posts
JR37 said:
Uncle Mike's No 2.  Front pocket of jeans, shorts, or jacket pocket.   I placed a small block in the bottom of the holster to raise the gun up for a better feeling draw.  

Life is short, be happy.
I also use an Uncle Mike's No.2. Disguises nice in the front of my jeans.
Thanks for the tip JR37. I've never been totally pleased with the draw from this holster. There is a slight snag, which tends to want to drag the holster out with the gun. I've incorporated your idea, and has improved my draw 100%.    

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Guambodian said:
I use one from the site below. The one I have is made for use with a Crimson Trace, without the faux zipper.

http://pocketholsters.com/Kel-Tec_Pocket_Wallet_Holster/kel-tec_pocket_wallet_holster.html
I've been carrying my P3AT in the regular holster for two year. It's convertible but works well in a front pocket with the removable shield still in place. Unlike many pocket holsters, the shield on this holster is very thick and very stiff. It resists deformation excellently. Over timed the edges pull in toward your backside making it look even more like a real wallet in your pocket.

Notice the mag in the photo. When in my back pocket, a regular mag rides just under the grip of the gun making a great way to have a loaded spare mag at your fingertips.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
P.S.   I made my own P3AT pocket holster that accommodates the CTC laser sight out of a piece of leather I got for $5 from Hobby Lobby.

Clickity Pop pictures for BIGGER

Actually, I made two holsters out of that leather. The other one was for a P239.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm running a p3at with an amalaser and the little pocket holster that came with it,a DeSantis NEMESIS.

The DON HUME they have listed on their website seems really nice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use a KNJ pocket holster. Absolutely the thinnest, flattest out there I'm sure. It covers the trigger and triggerguard just fine though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts