Pocket Holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rls1158, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I need a dependable pocket holster for my P3-AT. Any suggestions? I've seen lots of advertisements but don't really have a clue of what to buy. Thanks!

2. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I was like you. I looked at many models and finally settled on the nemisis. I'm really happy with it. When I am wearing pants that are too tight, I use the belt clip. Good Luck on your choice. Tom :)

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Tom. Is the belt clip easy to install and then remove when not needed?

4. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    I use the DeSantis and Uncle Mike's #1 and Uncle Mikes #2. It depends on how I am dressing. None of the three are very costly. I have recenlty been trying the IWB and am getting comfortable with that technique. I am using a Don Humme 715.

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=34

5. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for the input. Like you, I don't want to spend a fortune on a holster. I just need something practical and dependable. :)

6. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    You might want to try:
    http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/pocket_holster.html

I picked one up after seeing it on this forum and I love it. But then again, I've been known to have a bit of a holster fetish.

For $15 shipped, and the ability to carry an extra mag if wanted, you can't go wrong. I've used it in my front and back pockets with no problems...I think carrying an extra mag helps minimize printing too. Someday, I'll quit being so thrifty and order a K&D.

7. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

I use the Nemesis and keep the clip on the gun. It holds the gun in the holster if you're wearing baggier pockets that might cause the holster to shift around. And it doesn't get in the way of the draw. I prefer to have some sort of positive retention, no matter how little, with any gun I carry.

8. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for all the information. The concealmentconcepts holster is what I'm looking for. :) :)

9. Silver_Dollar

Silver_Dollar New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    I use the "Pocket defender plus" from K & D Holsters. It includes a pouch for an extra mag. Cost around $50.00. Uncle Mikes no. 1 is a good, inexpensive alternative.

10. EW3

EW3 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I just ordered one of these after reading lots of good reviews. It's not as large and wide as some of the holsters out there. I have a DeSantis Superfly, but found the huge and bulky anti-print flap got in the way, but then the gun would print if you just used the holster part. This one looks like it has the best of both worlds.

http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2058

11. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Let me know how you like it. I'm not in too big a hurry to get one and need all the advice I can get. Thanks.

12. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    For cheap holsters, I tried several samples of the smallest Nemesis (mini?) at the gun shop, but all seemed a tad tight. The Uncle Mikes #1 seems just right.

13. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Tommy. Uncle Mike's has been recommended by several people. This forum is a great place to learn from you guys who have experience with the .380. I appreciate all the help and advice. :)

14. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Greetings,

I ended up getting a Galco pocket holster, and so far, like it very much. It seems to hold the P3AT securely, and drawing from the pocket is super easy, as the holster is designed for just such an event. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

15. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Doc. Galco is another one that comes highly recommended. And God Bless you too. That's good to hear now and then in a forum like this. I'm a minister by vocation.

16. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    K&D 2N1 is what I use, although I never use the snap on anti-print panel. I could not be happier with it.

<~~ Proud Agnostic

17. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Morning, rls1158,

Thanks, very much, Sir! Also, thanks for doing the job you do. In this day and age, we need all the help from God we can get, and folks like you offer a wonderful path to those that have yet to find it! The blessings of the Lord are all around us, and with His help, most of us will never have to use our fine little KelTec pistols to defend ourselves. However, should things go South on us, I am praying that He will be there to make my aim true, and to help keep "My Mother's Son" on the winning side of such a conflict! ;) :)

The little Galco holster works very well, and I really feel comfortable carrying my P3AT in it. But, choosing holsters is a very personal thing, and what works for one person may not work for another. Too bad most holsters are not readily available for us to check out, in stores, and such. But forums such as this provide a fantastic chance for us to "try" them in a cyber manner, and hopefully, that will help us make wise decisions on such things.

Again, thanks for the shout! By the way, offering someone the Blessings of God costs nothing, yet is one of the finest gifts one can give another, don't you think!? Take care, and, indeed, God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

18. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks Doc. Took my .380 out today and had a not so good experience. Will talk about it in a different discussion. Blessings to you and your.

Reggie

19. PakWaan

PakWaan New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I have the hand-made Mika's pocket holster for the P-3AT and LOVE it. Robert Mika is an ex-LAPD officer who makes great pocket holsters that stay in your pocket the way they should when you draw your weapon. I tried several others, but fell in love with this one, and they are only $18.95

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

20. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks. Looks like nice holster on his website.

Reggie