Pocket holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by joes, Apr 21, 2008.

1. joes

joes New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I am a new owner of a kel-tec 380 and wondering what is the best pocket holster for daily carry.  Options would include cost and comfort.  Please give me your suggestions for a low end and moderate price holster.

thanks

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

3. catsize

catsize New Member

Aug 17, 2006
    The Desantis Nemesis works great and it's cheap (about $15) and widely available. I use one of these and I also have a Ron Graham Zulu II that is, very simply, the cat's meow.

Get the Nemesis now, as both KD and Graham have very long lead times on their holsters (although Graham does have other models available in-stock for immediate delivery). Use the Nemesis while you're choosing your higher end holster and then waiting for it to be delivered.

See the Graham holsters here: http://www.palehorseholsters.com

Personally, I prefer the Graham, because it offers the option of a removable panel for back pocket carry and it allows you to wear it on a belt. It's more flexible in this way than the KD.

Just my opinion -- Hope it helps!

4. the_joe

the_joe New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I just picked up an Uncle Mike's pocket holster size 2. It works...Maybe not the best, but it works. It cost $9.50.

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    good morning kevin

Do you still make the bifold pannel for the 2n1.  I have a right hand model and think it is great and would like to recommned it to others, but can't find the pic on your site.

:eek:
    what happen to your post????

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    +1 on the Uncle Mike's. I love mine!

7. sph33r

sph33r New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    If you like the style of the Uncle Mike's #1 holster but find that it's a little bit tight for the p3at, I suggest you find the Blackhawk #1 pocket holster. I just purchased a 3at this weekend and happened to luck out in finding the UM and BH pocket holsters sitting on top of each other. A quick comparison showed that the BlackHawk was stitched to allow for a bit more room where the gun sits which allows the p3at to fit perfectly inside. And it's incredibly grippy to the point of making it hard to extract the holster from the pocket.

I highly recommend the Blackhawk. :)

8. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    IMO a pocket holster does not have to be a thing of beauty.
    It has to be functional, this is what I did TIFWIW ;)

Buy a cheapie Uncle Mikes etc. and use it until it's
    had just about all it can take.

When it's about all used up go out to a craft store a buy some
    leather remnants, a piece about 10'' X 6'' will be enough.
    Cut the stitching out of the old pocket holster and trace the opened holster
    on a piece of paper.I used photo paper because it's more sturdy.
    Cut out the shape.

Use the template to trace on to leather.
    Fold leather in half and hold together with spring clips.
    Pre drill holes with a very small bit along the stitching lines.
    Use a needle and thread and stitch er up.

This has served me well and it's much more durable than the cheapie.
    It's not all the purdy but, who's lookin....have fun

9. joes

joes New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Guys, thanks for the help. I bought a graham and one for the naa guardian. I really love the kel tec. The trigger is nicer then the naa guardian.

thanks for the help.

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    +1 on the Desantis Nemesis...IF you do NOT have the Crimson Trace laser installed...IF you DO, then +1 on the Uncle Mike's Size 1.

The Nemesis was my favorite holster for the P3AT...pre-CT laser installation. When are they going to come out with a Desantis Nemesis to fit my P3AT with the CT installed?!

11. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I use a Desantis Nemesis. I think I paid about $15 for mine - maybe a little more.

If you poke around here a bit you will find some very clever home made pocket holsters some folks have made. One fella made one out of the zippered pouch that comes with the P3AT. Another made one for 50 cents or so from a soda can coozy.

Maybe someone else can remember the threads and point you in the right direction.

Then again, THIS is an interesting alternative to the traditional pocket holster. You'll notice that the pistol is almost invisible with virtually no printing.  ;D

THIS, on the other hand is an alternative that is of very limited value to most of us.  ::)

Sorry y'all, I'm a fan of Oleg Volk's photography. And he appears to be a fan of Kel-Tec.

12. blinky_88

blinky_88 New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    The Nemesis made for the Armalaser would work for the CT laser too.

http://www.armalaser.com/Kel_Tec_P32_P3AT-DeSantis_NEMESIS_FOR_KEL_TEC_P32_P3AT_w_ARMALASER.html

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Others are good. This is the best bang for the buck. K&D is the best for any buck.

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Here's the KT Branded Holster link I was hunting for last night. Sorry for the earlier distractions.

I still can't find the thread where a member made a pocket holster out of a soda can coozy. Shouldn't be hard, though. Sissors and some super glue ought to be all you'd need.

15. MarksmanOne

MarksmanOne New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Rubb, I like your idea. I have an old piece of scrap leather that I'd like to try that out on. I just knew there was a reason why I was keeping it around... :)

In the meanwhile, I would also like to suggest a DeSantis' "Trickster". The leather seems to need some breaking-in, but it's stylish and functional... Ya can hardly tell if it's a wallet or whatnot! :cool:

16. flphotoguy

flphotoguy New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I use a Desantis Sting. It works well and holds a spare mag

[​IMG]

17. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    me too

18. crazylegs

crazylegs New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    I made this and it works great for me.   Pm for info?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005