Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will search for comments on this subject but i am hoping to get a few suggestions to this post. I asked a similar question in thr and surprisingly, no real consensus on a simple, light, functional pocket holster for my 2nd gen p3at. Perhaps all work fine and it is a personal preference but i don't have a good place test them in person, so i will be ordering online. At this stage, i may go w/ a Uncle Mike's #1 but what do you think?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I personally prefer the K&D 2 in 1 Pocket Defender, but for a fabric Holster would probably opt for the DeSantis Nemesis over the Uncle Mikes.

http://kdholsters.com/

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I have tried several flavors of pocket holster - I think everything except Kydex.

Of the cloth holsters I find the www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com pocket pal to be the best with the desantis nemesis a close second. The Uncle Mike's is not even in the same ballpark in my opinion. The first two work, the UM doesn't stay in my pocket nor have anything to "hook" the on edge of the pocket nor I can get my hand on the weapon in my pocket as nice.

A totally different class is the KD 2 in 1. I like it a lot and it is, well, just different in a better sort of way!

-Scott

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you like high quality leather and a short waiting period, check out the "In Stock" portion of Pale Horse Leathers site.  I have two R.L. Graham holsters that are fantastic.  I love the quality, design, short wait, functionality, and -- for the level of quality -- (while not cheap) they are IMHO a good bargain.  

Regards,
Lynnsky

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the gun store today and bought a Uncle mikes pocket sidekick for $15, it is a number 2. It doesn't stay in my pocket real well, but i figured it was ok. Now i wish i'd waited and got the nemisis.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
davidd said:
Now i wish i'd waited and got the nemisis.
That's okay, you have done what the rest of us have done - it was there!

So, if you would like me to tell your fortune, it goes something like this.

You are now going to decide that you really wanted the nemesis and this will carry you over until then. So you will search ebay and find where you can get it shipped to you for $20 and just do it - it's only $20.

Then, you will do some re-reading and decide that the extra mag without modification of the concealmentconceptsholsters pocket pal is worth the $15/shipped to try it out so you will do that. It's only $15.00.

If you are running a total - you are now up to about what you could have bought a customer leather holster for - but you are not running the total because it is best not to.

After a while you will either (a) come across a good used leather holster for sale and buy it and love it, or (b), realize you just can't take it anymore and will go order a custom holster. Either way you are going to be spending the $45-65 that you know (or will know) that you wanted to in the first place...

Somewhere in there you will also consider the Kydex, an ankle rig, and/or a shoulder rig...

Now back to reality. Enjoy the P3AT. Enjoy the holsters you have. And most important - enjoy the ones you will have in the future.

-Scott

·
Registered
846 Posts
The only pocket holsters I still have and use are from Robert Mika. Do a search on "Mika Pocketholster". They are about $20 shipped and I have 3 of them. While not pretty, they are very funtional. It always stays in the pocket and the draw stroke is clean. 8)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a Hedley back pocket holster for my P-3AT. Absolutely beautiful workmanship; wish I had ordered another before Mr. Hedley stopped taking orders.
Wife has one of Mika's holsters for a S&W 642, She likes it. She has installed it into one of her purses.
I may end up confiscating one of the belt holsters for a P-3AT my son has. A dad gets to do that once in a while. Right ? ;D ;D

Gramps

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Nemesis is used for the P3-AT and was for the P-11. Then I got the PF-9. That is ALSO carried in a Nemesis when I pocket carry.

I don't own one leather holster, as I already have pocket holsters that fit my needs, and no leather ones offer the open carry ability I want....

SO, Nemesis!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.