Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I came accross this holster at the Saxet Gun Show this last weekend.
It was at the PagerPal booth. That guy said he made this interesting wallet holster and said he would soon be marketing them in about a month.
Through a link sent to me by TxCajun, I found the originator of this very neat wallet holster.

His site is at www.artofthehide.com

He used to be a KTOGer, and lurks sometimes.

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a chance to play with one at the gunshow. The guy had an unloaded P3AT in it and put it in his right back pocket. He said that if a BG asked for his wallet, he would simply reach into his back pocket as if retrieving his wallet and present him with a P3AT barrel looking at him...

As he was talking, he demonstrated very nicely.

It felt very nice. My middle finger went into the hole, allowing me to get a better grip...
It felt like I was griping something bigger than just the tiny Kel-Tec grip.

I asked him if he would consider offering a KTOG discount (for members of KTOG. I didn't get a respose to this, but hey, I tried.

The guy who dasigned and makes these is from Tyler, Texas and sounds like a very nice guy.

Warmest regard and God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I don't see anything in the picture that tells me the trigger is safely guarded. I thought that was one of the main purposes of a good holster on a DAO weapon?

Am I missing something or is my gut feeling that, while unique, this "holster" is inherently unsafe?

-Scott

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry,

I thought the Pagerpal guy and the guy on the website was one and the same, but I've discovered they are not.

The guy who lives in Tyler designed and makes these holsters. The PagerPal guy is going to be distributing them.

The guy who developed this holster has marketed them, but I'm guessing wasn't getting as much exposure as the pagerpal guy. He will be supplying these to the pagerpal guy to distribute as well...

As for the trigger guard, there is not one.
I think it's main function is to keep the weapon in the proper position for drawing and to break-up the outline in your back pocket.

If you're looking for something with a trigger guard, here's something I found, but am not interested in myself...
http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/holsters/triplek_wallet_holster.htm

I think it might cause problems firing because the slide is housed. Additionally, it may be classified as a AOW, you'll have to check.

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
brett30030 said:
They both appear to be a little dubious in the legal arena in some areas. Make certain that you do your homework for your state.
I think this is more than a state issue. This appears to be be in the Federal realm. Perhaps he did his homework and it's legal without a ridiculous permit but it sure looks more than iffy to me.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
The HOLDSTER yes, the one at the link for keepshooting shown above no. After reading the site on the Holdster I remember seeing something about an ATF approval letter that based their non-aow status on the fact that the entire slide was still visible. That same situation is not true for the one at keepshooting.

Be berry berry carevul - der be wabbits out der.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct.
The Holdster is approved by the BATF because the slide is obvious.

I couldn't resist and bought one...
I should be receiving it by the end of the week...

I'll get some pics of my new P3AT in it...

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have that holster. It works well for what it is. The only thing I don't like about it is that there is no real trigger guard. I tried my best to pull the trigger through my jeans while it was in my pocket (unloaded of course) and couldn't make it happen, but it still makes me a bit uncomfortable.

It works well in a rear pocket but it's a bit too bulky for a front pocket.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Doc_S said:
If you're looking for something with a trigger guard, here's something I found, but am not interested in myself...
http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/holsters/triplek_wallet_holster.htm

I think it might cause problems firing because the slide is housed. Additionally, it may be classified as a AOW, you'll have to check.God Bless,
Doc S
Well, if nothing else, it will make a single-shot pistol out of your semi-automatic.

It appears there is no ejection port for the empty brass to get out of the gun.

One shot = a throughly jammed pistol, until you take it out of the holster and clear the empty case and the round in the mag the slide is stuck open on.

rcmodel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.